Content and Search Marketing Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you a content creator with a knack for SEO? Do you have a proven track record of growing organic traffic? Are you deeply analytical and process-driven by nature? If that sounds like you, keep reading.
Tuff is a 12-person growth marketing agency that partners closely with startups and scale-ups to help them increase revenue and sales. We specialize in tactics like Google Ads, Technical SEO, Content Strategy, Facebook Ads, Email, and CRO. Our bread and butter is building efficient, holistic marketing strategies and we do this with our team, process, and style.
We’re now looking for a third content and search marketing manager to join the Tuff team.
As a Content and Search Marketing Manager at Tuff, you will be responsible for overseeing the content pipeline and increased organic visibility for 4-6 clients. You will be responsible for significantly growing our client’s organic traffic by producing and optimizing long-form content (with freelancers) that helps our clients
You have a deep understanding of the pillar-cluster content model, experience ranking at the top of SERPs for high-value keywords, and proven frameworks for growing organic traffic.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Uncover and holistically understand a company’s existing content performance to find the bottlenecks preventing the business from achieving their goals
- Help Tuff clients grow their organic visibility with long-term growth content.
- Assess qualitative and quantitative data to make informed decisions about content strategies
- Define your measures of success and track core KPIs
- Create original, authoritative content for the Tuff website and blog
- Develop content strategies for client websites to maximize business growth
- Create and execute quarterly growth content plans for 4-6 clients that are rooted in data and target audience insights
Within 1 month, you'll...
- Shadow Matt, Richard, and Elle on three existing Tuff clients to learn more about Tuff’s growth marketing process.
- Assist in building content marketing strategies for 3 clients.
- Complete SEO, Facebook, and Google courses with the Tuff team to learn our process for each channel.
- Work with Derek and Matt (content and search marketing managers) to understand how we approach content marketing for our clients at Tuff
Within 3 months, you'll...
- Manage content marketing for five clients, meeting with them bi-weekly with the growth marketer on the account.
- Implement Tuff’s content marketing strategy based on our target audience
- Build a process to manage the content pipeline for multiple accounts leveraging freelancers.
Within 6 months, you'll...
- Manage content marketing for six or seven clients, meeting with them bi-weekly with the growth marketer on the account.
- Make process improvements to Tuff’s client onboarding flow as it relates to our content marketing service.
- Manage execution and impact results for each of your accounts.
- Meet weekly with Growth Marketers at Tuff to develop specific strategies for each of your clients.
Things can change quickly at Tuff. This breakdown isn't prescriptive but intended to give you a better sense of the role.
- You have 3+ years of experience as a content marketer with a background that includes data-driven SEO.
- You have an inclusive, hands-on client management style with proven experience clearly communicating growth marketing strategy.
- You have a learning mindset. You are committed to getting better every day.
- You have a bias toward action and are both efficient and adaptable.
- You are a driver, focused on making an impact on the organization and clients every day.
- You have demonstrated success testing and uncovering useful insights and sharing them in an engaging form that inspires people to take action.
You’ll work closely with the whole team. In particular with Elle, Ellen, Matt, and Derek to get up to speed on current clients and iterate on the Content Marketing process at Tuff.
At Tuff, we believe it’s important for people to live and work where they are happiest and most productive. Our team is fully remote and we offer a remote set up stipend for your home office or co-working space. Tuff covers 100% of health, dental, and vision for employees.
The salary range for this role is $70,000 - 95,000 (we use a compensation formula that adjusts for experience and cost of living).
Learn more about working at Tuff
- How We’ve Connected Salary to Both Personal and Company Growth
- How We Created a Career Framework For Growth on a Small Team
- From 1,018 Applications to 2 New Tuff Team Members
Applicants must be based in the United States.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Quick wins and long-term growth. No mysterious secret sauce.