Director of Content Marketing
Note: If you apply, please share in the hiring process and application that you heard about the position through superpath :)
As the Director of Content Marketing, you’ll own all content marketing initiatives, both internal and external, across multiple platforms and formats to drive search results, brand power, leads, engagement, activation, retention, and positive customer behavior.
Your mission is to ensure that Socio reaches, educates, inspires and converts our target audience through best-in-class content strategies, with SEO being a primary consideration. You’ll create content yourself, and build and lead a team of writers, designers, email marketers, and social media specialists to develop content and thought leadership pieces for the event and marketing industries, including blogs, guides, infographics, guest posts, videos, and other web content & lead gen assets.
The ideal candidate is an exceptional writer, storyteller, editor, and people manager with a firm understanding of user experience, buyer intent, and SEO.
You’ll get to:
- Build an SEO-driven content marketing function at a fast-growing event tech SaaS company, including strategy, process design, editorial and team management.
- Deliver a research-based, integrated content strategy to reach potential buyers, help solve their pain points, build trust, and nurture with relevant content for each stage of awareness (problem aware, solution aware, product aware).
- Create & deploy content that improves key metrics like organic traffic, email engagement, leads, downloads, registrations, video plays and conversion rates.
- Continuously measure and improve performance, leveraging Google Analytics, SEO tools and vendors, HubSpot, and more.
- Serve as an exemplary writer, consistent with Socio’s tone and mission. You write clean, concise, engaging, well-polished copy.
- Manage production of impactful visual, video, and multimedia content pieces (explainer videos, infographics, etc).
- Manage the email marketing and organic social media functions to engage, delight and convert prospects, customers, and partners.
- Support the Field & Event Marketing team with content, including slides, activities, and surveys, for Socio & partner events.
- Collaborate with the Dir. Digital Marketing on SEO strategy to hit target organic traffic and conversion goals while enhancing Socio's website & other digital presence.
- Build and maintain Socio’s editorial calendar and written guidelines.
- Conceptualize, project manage and edit content produced by your team, other company stakeholders, freelancers, and guests.
- Conduct independent research studies & surveys to fuel digital PR efforts and lead gen reports.
- Lead the content audit process to spot gaps in our existing content, identify the characteristics of high-performing content, and make data-driven recommendations for new or updated content.
- Facilitate regular planning sessions & a content roadmap with cross-functional teams.
- Implement standards, systems, best practices and templates for content.
- 5+ years of experience in content marketing in a SaaS environment.
- Experience hiring and managing a superstar team
- Stellar writing and copywriting skills; writing samples and/or portfolio required.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices.
- Knowledge of how to speak to industry leaders and audiences, as well as content marketing, social media, and content distribution trends.
- Experience with Google Analytics, WordPress, and other content tools.
- Analytical mind - ability to spot patterns and trends in content performance and data.
- Business savvy - experience creating measurable ROI generating content and the ability to bridge business strategy with authentic thought leadership content.
- Exceptional collaboration and project management skills, motivating teams to deliver projects on time with tight deadlines.
Who are we?
Socio is a venture-backed SaaS company that helps SMBs and enterprises power event success for their virtual, in-person, and hybrid events. With clients like Google, Microsoft, and PepsiCo, Socio is being used in thousands of events globally while facilitating millions of interactions every day.
As we grow, we are building a team that does awesome work and has an amazing time doing it. If you’re looking to be challenged every day, make a huge impact, and help define the future of events, we would love to talk to you!
We provide benefits and support to help you rest easy and focus on things that matter. Some of our perks include:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Unlimited PTO
- Health Insurance
- Company Lifestyle Reimbursement
- Flexible Hours & Workspaces
- Learning & Development Support
- $600 Work-From-Home Setup
All potential employees must pass a background check.
Socio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.