Marketing Lead (First Marketer)
We're looking for our first marketing hire to roll up their sleeves and transform Champify into an established thought leader. Focused on innovative product marketing and creating engaging content, the right candidate will have a passion for building a great brand from the ground up. Heavy focus on building the fuel.
You'll spend all day thinking about what we need to say and to whom, and then get our message to the market. We focus on sales, marketing, and operations and how they interact with customers. You'll look at this from every angle.
You will be a unique combination of strategist and doer — you’ll conduct research to identify new opportunities for revenue generation and acceleration, including customer retention and referrals, collaborate with cross-functional teams to align on business strategy and deliver on content and campaign execution. You’d own engagement in developing brand vision, marketing strategies, and plans.
You’ll own the content calendar and oversee the production of all assets. You’ll be expected to maintain a high volume publishing schedule with different content types, including:
- Daily LinkedIn Posts
- Bi-weekly/Monthly Newsletter
- Weekly articles and/or blogs
- Video, Interviews, and Podcast Episodes
- Blogs and Community Interviews
- Product-Focused Content (for example, case studies, product blog posts, and testimonials)
You’ll work with freelancers to develop content as needed. You’ll be expected to manage projects, create content briefs, and edit their work. As we scale, you’ll get more budget to increase the number of freelancers we work with and eventually build your own team.
You’re an idea engine who is always looking to create content that stands out from the crowd. You love brainstorming different content ideas and approach ideas from a growth perspective.
As you read through the jobs to be done below, you’ll see that this role is really for someone who is a marketing generalist. You have strong writing skills and content production skills, but you also enjoy the production side of content.
This is a unique opportunity to work with a CEO who deeply cares about and values marketing, and understands the importance of building a content program that drives revenue.
- Organic website traffic
- Referral traffic from LinkedIn and others
- Newsletter subscribers
- Inbound leads
- Win rate
- LinkedIn Company Page and Social Strategy
- Product Marketing Content
- Newsletter Writer and Owner
- Podcast and/or Video Series Producer
- Brand and Community Content
- Freelancer Management
- 3+ years of product marketing, growth marketing, and/or content creation experience
- Former experience at a high growth B2B software company with MM-Enterprise focus
- You are a “doer” with a high motor who has seen what great marketing looks like
- Strong writing and editing skills (examples required)
- Knowledgeable and/or interested in go-to-market tech, startups, and growth
- Experience creating video and audio content (preferred)
- Based in North America
- Startup equity
- Remote work
- Work with smart people, on a big problem that is dramatically helping GTM orgs
- Quarterly trips to cool places
- Laptop and Office setup
Who we are:
- We are a small team of proven operators with experience leading companies from the idea stage through 400+ employees. We’re going after a problem where we have deep insight, networks, and know how. Most B2B sales and marketing teams are stressed out, missing numbers, and struggling to generate demand. Champify can help.
- Our goal is to help more sales and marketing teams hit their quotas, avoid getting laid off, and enjoy their day-to-day life.
- While we publicly launched in the beginning of August, we already have happy, paying customers at some of the fastest growing B2B companies in the world.
- We’ve raised a $2.4m seed round from Altman Capital (CEO, Lattice), Unusual Ventures (AppDynamics/Harness founders), scouts at Kleiner Perkins and CRV, and a list of prominent angels such as the founders of Heap, Loom, Goldcast and more
The way go-to-market teams sell is changing. The brute-force sales techniques that worked in the 2000s and 2010s are becoming less and less effective. Rather than sending mass cold emails and fighting the spam blockers via cold calls, Champify is helping customers prioritize contacts to target based on pre-existing warmth – starting with ex-users and Champions.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Turn former customers & users into an organic revenue channel, all within Salesforce.