Content Writing Manager (Organic Search Team)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are Semrush, a global IT company developing our own product – a platform for digital marketers.
And we’re looking for an experienced Content Writing Manager to make sure our blog posts are loved by both readers and Google. This role involves writing, editing, and people management.Tasks in the role
- Manage and mentor a “pod” of about 4-6 content writers.
- Hire and develop writers for our team.
- Write high-quality blog posts that deliver incredible value to our readers and rank well on Google.
- Explain SEO concepts and processes in step-by-step detail.
- Help evolve our content-quality standards over time to further improve our search rankings and provide incredible value for readers.
- Give clear, useful feedback to help our writers improve (both in terms of content and, more generally, as a leader within the team).
- Help ensure that our team’s content production rate doesn’t fall while also maintaining our new, high-quality standards.
- Potentially collaborate with other teams to help produce blog posts for them as well.
Who we are looking for
- Results-driven but reader-obsessed. Our content must both rank well and be amazingly valuable to readers.
- 2+ years of management experience.
- 2+ years of experience writing and/or editing long-form, comprehensive blog content that addresses its target keyword’s search intent.
- Real SEO expertise from hands-on experience. (Bonus points for marketing experience in other areas, like PPC, SMM, and CRO.)
- Experience using Semrush tools or our competitors’ tools.
- Strong understanding of the digital marketing industry.
- Strong project and time-management skills.
- Speak and write in American English with native-level proficiency.
A bit about the team
You’ll be part of our new Organic Content team, which means you’ll work with people who care a LOT about publishing great work.
We’re on a mission to dramatically improve the quality of our blog content. Our goal is to make the Semrush blog the best place in the world to learn SEO. We’re a collaborative team that thrives on clear and frequent feedback. We take ownership of our work but often ask for each other’s opinions on how to improve it. At the same time, we’re quickly scaling up. This makes the role a great opportunity to hire and grow some of the best talent in the industry.We will try to create all the right conditions for you to work and rest comfortably
- Low cost medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Dependent Care Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- 401(k) plan with flexible ways to save and fully vested employer match up to 4%
- Generous PTO (Vacation, Floating Holidays and Paid Sick Time).
- Paid parental leave.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- Accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, Life Insurance.
- Travel Insurance.
- Corporate Events.
- Snacks, coffee, tea
Finally, a little more about our company
Semrush is a leading online visibility management SaaS platform that enables businesses globally to run search engine optimization, pay-per-click, content, social media and competitive research campaigns and get measurable results from online marketing.
We've been developing our product for 13 years and have been awarded G2's Top 100 Software Products, Global and US Search Awards 2021, Great Place to Work Certification, Deloitte Technology Fast 500 and many more. In March 2021 Semrush went public and started trading on the NYSE with the SEMR ticker.
10,000,000+ users in America, Europe, Asia, and Australia have already tried Semrush, and over 1,000 people around the world are working on its development. The Semrush team is constantly growing.Our new colleague, we are waiting for you!Semrush is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or medical condition including medical characteristics, genetic identity, marital status, military service, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, merit and individual qualifications.
Your application has been successfully submitted.