Content Marketer at Height
At Height we're building tools to help companies work together, better. It’s an ambitious goal, but we're just getting started and looking for talented people to join our early team.
Height was started to address the pain and frustrations of existing project management tools, including the challenges of keeping tasks up-to-date, getting visibility into other teams’ roadmaps, and helping teammates onboard to the tool and use it day-to-day.
Additionally, as organizations rapidly scale, they need tools that make cross-functional project management seamless and that they won’t outgrow as they grow. Regardless of how a team likes to work — sprints, milestones, recurring tasks, with tools like GitHub, GitLab, Figma, Zendesk — Height is flexible and powerful enough to adapt to their needs.
Today, Height is used by fast-growing tech companies and startups, including Fivetran, Clubhouse, Watershed, Mighty, Cocoon, Runway, Ambrook, Transcend, and more.
About the role
Join our fast-growing marketing team to grow Height’s userbase as our first full-time content hire. You will the unique career opportunity of establishing Height’s brand voice, developing our content strategy, and creating a social presence from the ground up. Your work will shape how we talk about Height to the outside world — with existing customers and prospective ones alike — and will work closely with the Head of Marketing to craft our brand identity.
Your efforts will directly increase awareness of Height, our product and features, and will ultimately help to drive sign ups. You will:
- Be a key contributor in shaping the content strategy and content calendar
- Create and write content across a variety of mediums from landing pages to blog posts to social posts and paid advertising
- Develop landing pages for the website with a focus on SEO optimizations
- Develop a unique and authentic brand voice as well as brand guidelines to ensure content is consistent across all touch points
- Report on content KPIs and identify opportunities for improvements and new potential wins
- Craft storytelling moments for new product launches and company milestones
- Collaborate with the Product Marketing Manager to build off of audience learnings and category positioning work for all content creation
- Showcase customer success by writing interesting case studies
What we’re looking for
- 2+ years of experience writing content, preferably at a B2B SAAS brand and/or fast-growing startup
- Stellar written communication skills & a natural storyteller
- Ability to develop content against a project brief, meeting the messaging and positioning needs while adhering to overarching brand guides for voice, tone, and message
- Previous experience owning and executing against a content calendar
- Previous experience with paid advertising copy development
- Ability to keep a pulse on the latest trends and a natural curiosity to understand what content is performing best and dig into why
- Strong sense of empathy for users and desire to understand their goals and pain points
- Someone who enjoys setting up new processes and structure from scratch, creating the playbooks
- A team player who thrives in fast-paced environments
About Marketing at Height
The marketing team is quickly growing at Height. Every marketing hire is a highly experienced individual who is an expert in their field and helps contribute to the marketing team’s overall goal to grow Height’s accounts and increase awareness. The marketing team prides itself on collaboration across all teams, directly working on campaigns with product, engineering, design and Height’s founders. This team is not afraid to make bets and push the boundaries when it comes to B2B marketing.
About the team
Spearheaded by early Stripe employees, the team operates remote-first, with teammates across the US timezones and western Europe, including NYC, SF, Philadelphia, Zurich, Vancouver, Seattle, Atlanta, Iowa City, and Boston. The team is comprised of people from Stripe, Instagram, Front, Foursquare, AWS, Google, Zillow, Sunrise/Microsoft and more, so we're very down-to-earth, experienced startup folks. Height is a Series A startup, backed by Redpoint, Matrix Partners, Lightspeed, IA Ventures, and a number of great angels, including founders of Front app, AngelList, and Clearbit, and the CEO of GitHub.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
All-in-one project management