Director of Digital Marketing
Job title: Director of Digital Marketing
Reporting to: CMO
Are you passionate about the cross-section of digital content and commerce? Do brands in the ever-growing food and baking vertical excite you? If you are an experienced Digital Marketer who loves the process of scaling a strong brand, then come join our growing team. With a community of 12 million baking lovers (and growing!), we aim to be their one-stop-shop for educational content, products, and inspiration.
Location: Remote - Canada or U.S. potentially
Comp range: $100-125K DOE
Benefits: None, but coming soon
Our Mission: How To Cake It is where baking meets entertainment. We aim to provide baking & sweets enthusiasts with the tools they need to be a better, more creative baker - products, ingredients, live tutorials, online courses, and inspiring content. Our brand is a leader in bridging content with commerce and a hub for some of the world’s top baking talents. We are passionate about making the lives of our community a little sweeter and providing them with the best content and product offerings in the food/baking space, along with experts they can love and trust to provide a guiding hand.
Why this role exists: We're looking for a digital growth marketing pro to lead inbound and outbound digital marketing, sales, and CRO efforts across How To Cake It's social media paid advertising, email marketing, affiliate marketing, and website. This role will work closely with the CMO, Content Marketing Manager, and eCommerce Manager, and our creative/production in-house team to create and execute campaign strategies that achieve sales objectives.
What’s in it for me?: The opportunity to bring your expertise and strategic thinking to our marketing practices and expand our growing community of 12M. This role requires taking ownership, obsessing over our products and how best to market them.
- 7+ years of experience in digital marketing; min of 2 years as at director level
- 5+ years of experience in paid advertising
- You will help grow How To Cake It revenue by converting followers into customers with your innovative ideas and implementation.
- You will help us maintain and grow as a leader in content creation and digital marketing, with strong brand recognition and a community that is deeply trusting and loyal to the brand.
- You will keep marketing initiatives optimized, impactful, best in class, and effective due to a deep understanding of the “job” our offerings do in our customers’ lives, a strong grasp of best practices, and an ability to leverage performance and sales data.
- You will ensure team members are set up for success with clearly laid out objectives/targets, expectations, and boundaries; they are held accountable to results. Their successes and wins are celebrated; their weaknesses are acknowledged via coaching, education, and resources, not being compensated for.
Core Competencies / Hard Skills:
- Strong proficiency in the nuts and bolts of content-driven digital marketing—excellent content quality that is engaging, shareable, best of class, and adds value
- Strong proficiency in understanding customer behavior
- Strong proficiency in designing marketing initiatives that clearly communicate value to customer and solutions to pain points
- Strong proficiency in FB Ads, Google Ads, Pinterest Ads, SMS Marketing, Email Marketing, and remarketing. Ability to evaluate ad performance and execute/pivot new or current strategies
- Strong proficiency in CRO, A/B testing
- Strong proficiency in designing sales pages and funnels
- Proficient in SEO
- Excellent communication, time management, and delegation skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to think broadly and creatively while also breaking things into actionable detail-oriented process and execution
- Able to balance many priorities at once and execute to a high degree of quality across the board
- Deep knowledge on creating and overseeing ROI calculation for marketing strategies, campaigns, and content generation
Strongly Proficient In:
- Facebook Ads
- Google Analytics
- Google AdWords
- Pinterest Ads
- SMS Live (or comparable)
- Google Drive
- People Management skills
- Works well under pressure
- Team player
Your application has been successfully submitted.