General Manager: Portfolio Vertical
We are actively looking for the next General Manager to lead a vertical of portfolio sites and implement some seriously effective growth strategies.
In this pivotal role, you’ll manage a vertical of sites in our growing portfolio and build solid playbooks to grow these brands.
You’ll leverage your deep, hands-on experience and working knowledge to implement core strategies, working closely with our team of experts (SEO, dev, branding, content).
Note: This is an external role with one of our trusted partners. This role reports directly to the General Manager, Ken Sandorffy, VentureKite.
What we are looking for:
You are passionate about content sites and have real, on-the-ground experience growing content brands into valuable assets.
You are adept at articulating and driving marketing and growth strategies that drive traffic, revenue and build core audiences.
You are a self-starter seeking a role where you can make a big impact and really stretch your skills, knowledge and abilities to the next level.
You live, breathe and think about ways to grow content sites and can’t wait to get started with a team that can really help implement your ideas!
What you’ll do:
- You’ll lead and manage various projects and initiatives to drive growth to the sites and create repeatable playbooks for growth across the portfolio
- Create and manage SOPs, internal playbooks and workflows
- You’ll evaluate and connect the goals of SEO, content and marketing and prioritize next steps
- You’ll implement. While you have support from teams, this role is a hands-on role. You’ll spend time on the sites, digging into data and implementing new strategies
- You’ll build new strategic relationships, brand partnerships and continue to nurture key stakeholder partnerships
- You have at least three years of experience managing content-based sites
- Strong working knowledge of analytics and know how to gather and interpret relevant data to make strategic decisions that drive real growth
- Proven track record of improving main KPIs: revenue, traffic, user retention
- Experience with using Project Management tools such as Asana, Trello, Basecamp
- You have experience using Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Mailchimp and/or other email platforms, as well as social media platforms and tools
- You have a deep understanding of what it takes to grow a content site and can bring a proven track record of initiatives and strategies you’ve implemented
You’ll also have these skills:
Strategic thinker. You can see the big picture and know what levers to pull for growth.
Relationship cultivator. You’re a great communicator and are able to build new strategic partnerships and nurture relationships with key stakeholders. Genuinely curious, people want to work with you.
Independent implementor. You love getting things done and can’t wait to dig in to create and manage core SOPs, internal playbooks, and workflows.
Accountability. As a self-starter, you’re an intrinsically motivated person who values their work and holds themselves and others accountable for objectives. You establish clear expectations, and guidelines. You can prioritize multiple projects and create clear processes to get things done.
Data-driven. You are a data-oriented, measure-results individual, and apply a test-analyze-learn approach to everything you do.
What’s in it for you:
- Autonomy to strategize, lead and implement real initiatives that lead to direct growth for these content sites (This is your chance to execute!)
- You’ll have resources and a centralized team of specialists (dev, SEO, designers, content creators) to make things happen!
- This is a salaried position. Open to creative bonus incentives for the right person.
- This is a fully remote role.
- Flexible days off and paid national holidays.
- Hardware reimbursement program.
- Paid, continuous education and skill development.
- Health care coverage is available (US-based candidates only).
VentureKite (https://venturekite.com/) is an innovative digital media company that builds, acquires, and operates high-value, user-centric brands. Our powerful network of brands and platforms connects millions of people with useful information and tools to help make better decisions, faster.
Founded in 2021, the portfolio has grown rapidly with an audience of 5 million+ monthly visitors. We are a fun team of action-first individuals that share a passion for over-delivering value to our audience. Today we own 12 websites in the Education, Finance, Sports, and Home & Kitchen verticals, focusing on evergreen, authority content sites.
Our mission of helping customers make decisions that better their lives define everything we do.
We are a tight-knit team that believes in building valuable assets together, with smart, ethical site-building strategies. We are a passionate team that continues to grow and we are looking for dynamic people to join us on this amazing journey.
How to Apply:
Please apply via email. Please note that we recruiting for this role for one of our trusted partners. This is an external role outside of Venture 4th Media.
1. Tell me why you want to be General Manager of Venture Kite in your application. Go ahead and brag. Make sure to share your industry-relevant experience.
2. Please include your desired yearly salary.
3. Please include links to your published articles or projects that you have worked on and published.
4. Please share a minimum of two social media links (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter).
Work can get started right away, so don't hesitate to reach out. This is your chance to join a dynamic, growing, fun team!
Must be willing to go through a 30 min. 'get to know you’ interview so we can meet and access your industry expertise, knowledge, and skills.
I will only reach out to those who have followed these instructions and have the experience we're looking for.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connecting niche audiences to digital worlds they love.