Social Media Manager/Copywriter
We help organizations practice Honest Security
Building software that secures and manages digital assets
While demonstrating empathy, respect, and care for what is most important—people
Empowering them to do the best work of their lives.
Kolide is a VC-backed, remote-first startup building device management and security software for fast-growing companies that value Honest Security. With over 450 customers and a novel approach to solving security and compliance concerns, Kolide is poised to grow quickly over the next few years.
To further accelerate that growth, Kolide is making a big investment into our marketing programs, and particularly, content. As industry veterans with deep technical expertise combined with strong positions on the issues facing our industry, we know we have the raw ingredients to build a top-tier content marketing program. What we need is someone to help us refine and distribute our message.
That’s where you come in.
About The Job
As our Social Media Manager / Copywriter, you'll have the opportunity to combine your passion for social media and excellent copywriting.
Day-to-day you'll own the development and execution of a comprehensive social media strategy and the implementation of digital campaigns and engagement initiatives to grow Kolide's social following and community. You'll brainstorm and write content that helps break through in-feed and across platforms.
A lot of your time in this role will be spent listening–to our customers, to the larger conversations in our industry, and to the people building our product. At Kolide, we firmly believe that social media is only effective when it's rooted in knowledge and empathy; anything else just sounds canned.
When not managing social, you'll write and edit copy for landing pages, email marketing campaigns, and other customer-facing digital experiences. This is a role that will evolve based both on the types of content you're already proficient in, and those you're interested in learning.
This position will report to our Sr. Editor and work closely with the rest of the marketing team.
- Grow and manage Kolide's social channels, including daily posting and scheduling, curating and planning content, maintaining a calendar on Airtable, and monitoring and responding to comments and messages.
- Develop a long-term and proactive social media strategy that establishes Kolide as a trusted voice at the center of social conversations in the endpoint security community.
- Maintain a deep understanding of social media metrics and data analysis including the establishment of success benchmarks.
- When not managing social, write and edit content for our website and landing pages, third-party websites, blog posts, press releases, email campaigns, search ads, etc.
- Collaborate closely with Kolide's Sr. Editor on strategy and establishing our tone and voice on social channels.
- Identify opportunities where Kolide can participate and be part of the conversation.
You are a social media expert, excited to share best practices such as content publishing guidelines, performance benchmarks, and channel growth strategies.
You are excited about the security space and our company's values.
We are a US-based remote-first company. You can work anywhere in North America and Hawaii as long as your working hours maintain a 3-hour overlap with the US eastern time zone.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Kolide values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. If your career is starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Kolide.
- 3–5 years of social media, copywriting for social, or relevant experience
- You have prior experience driving social strategy and writing daily social content in a growing, cross-functional organization
- Experience in content creation formats (After Effects, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Creative Suite & design templates in Google docs or Canva, sheets, slides, IG, TikTok, FB live, etc.)
- You are creative and clever with a passion for storytelling and high attention to detail
- Your finger is on the pulse—you keep up with trends and cultural moments, as well as new channels, and are quick to adapt strategy to meet the moment
- Comfort working across multiple projects and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability and enthusiasm for self-directed work, as well as comfort collaborating and asking for help
- Proficient in Adobe Suite tools to complete design and copy edits as well as video editing software.
- Experience producing social content for SaaS companies
- Experience in a fast-growing startup and understanding of what it means to wear multiple hats
🏖️ Open, unlimited vacation policy (plus 10 paid company holidays)
🕑 Flexible working hours
💰 Fully remote culture (with $2k stipend)
🏥 Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage (100% of monthly premiums covered, plus $500 towards deductibles)
👪 12-weeks parental leave
🚴🏽♂️ Health and Wellness reimbursement
✈️️ Conference and Education reimbursement
🏦 401k Retirement Plan
☀️ Summer Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor Day
📱 Phone and internet stipend
🌼 Life insurance and long term disability
How To Apply
Please apply on this website.
Submit your resume through the link provided. Cover letters are welcome but not required. Please include a link to your portfolio writing samples that demonstrate the type of work you’ll do at Kolide.
If your application is well received, we'll invite you to the interview stage, including (but not limited to) a preliminary call, 1-2 one-hour interviews with your future colleagues, and a final interview with the CEO. If you are applying for a technical role, we may have you complete a take-home exercise.
Depending on team availability, the entire process may take up to three weeks. We appreciate you considering Kolide and are excited to read your application. If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Endpoint security for teams that Slack