Content Marketing Lead
Service Direct is looking for a Content Marketing Lead to help us scale our content marketing efforts and achieve our growth goals. This role will work closely with our Marketing Operations Specialist and Chief Growth Officer to effectively plan, execute and optimize our content marketing strategy across a variety of channels in various mediums.
In this role, you will have the creative freedom to ideate and execute a comprehensive strategy to help us reach a broader audience and begin forming meaningful relationships with prospective clients.
While we have strong brand awareness/presence within our niche, when it comes to scaling our content marketing efforts to reach our wider audience of local, small service businesses, you’ll be mostly starting with a blank slate.
From helping us flush out an ICP to building a content calendar and executing co-branded content offerings, and everything in between, you’ll roll up your sleeves and truly help us reach our next level of growth via content marketing.
About Service Direct
Founded in 2006, Service Direct has been the most trusted local lead generation solution for service businesses for over a decade, helping thousands of small businesses across North America grow by generating high-quality, exclusive leads that turn into new customers.
Combining expertise in hyperlocal advertising with proven lead management technologies, Service Direct offers targeted and customized lead generation with pay per lead pricing that provides a cost-effective, transparent, and low-risk way to get new customers.
Based in Austin, Texas, Service Direct has been recognized on the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in the country for five consecutive years. For more information, visit: www.servicedirect.com.
You love content that performs and are constantly seeking to better understand the ‘how’ and ‘why’ of content marketing. You inherently understand that without data the most powerful marketing message falls flat. As such, you obsess over ensuring you have accurate, up-to-date and rich data.
You are also creative, and love bringing ideas for content marketing campaigns to life while recognizing that ideas are only as good as your ability to execute on them. You are excited to take ownership of projects, no matter how big or small, to get them across the finish line. You are curious, you have ideas, you are comfortable with change, and you thrive in a fast-paced environment with a get things done mentality.
You have a proven track record of building, launching, tracking and optimizing content marketing campaigns across multiple channels that have resulted in real growth. You are comfortable with and enjoy all facets of the process, from iterating on campaign ideas to digging into the actual execution to make sure all corresponding content, ads, assets, etc. are properly built and integrated to allow for accurate data collection and analysis.
- Craft interesting, well-researched, content to drive traffic, engage and convert target customers, and improve shared content across social media channels. Content to include white papers, blog posts, website copy, eBooks, case studies, webinars, videos, and other content as needed.
- Drive thought leadership strategy that fuels white papers, webinars, press, awareness, and a reputation of Service Direct as a thought leader and information resource.
- Update web content, working with digital marketing, product marketing, and creative.
- Work with product marketing and sales to develop content strategies and materials to support the sales cycle.
- Oversee Service Direct’s social media strategy in order to grow followers, increase engagement and produce viable leads.
- Keep up to date with current industry trends and topics to ensure effective communications.
- Collaborate with product marketing to develop effective go-to-market content strategies for new products and services
- Copy edit and review content for messaging, style guidelines, brand consistency, and voice; provide education and guidance to ensure high quality writing for all Service Direct content.
- Coordinate with partners, thought leaders, and other third parties to produce high quality joint content programs.
- Develop a content strategy that supports developing thought leadership, driving awareness and traffic, nurturing sales, and closing deals.
- Develop and maintain editorial calendars and content project plans; provide regular updates to stakeholders, and determine metrics for ensuring effectiveness of marketing content.
- Build and track benchmarks for measuring success and ROI by providing accurate and timely project reporting on all content marketing activities.
- Continuously measure and improve content performance; create reports leveraging Google Analytics, HubSpot and social media analytics tools.
- Implement new tools and processes for effective creation and measurement of content.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in marketing, communications, journalism or related discipline
- 5+ years of content marketing or direct copywriting experience
- Ability to develop, organize, and maintain process documentation
- Ability to create, update, and maintain training documents
- Excellent grammar, punctuation and spelling skills
- Experience/consistent performance in deadline-oriented environment due to tight time restraints and volume of work
- Ability to manage multiple projects and juggle priorities
- Clear, effective communicator—verbally and in writing—with the ability to be persuasive
- Demonstrated ability to work productively with counterparts in a cross-functional capacity
- Must be able to respond quickly in an environment of changing priorities
- Must be able to set relevant priorities on a daily basis as the job requires
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage your time to address multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced, professional environment; experience using Asana is a plus.
- Must be able to communicate in a calm and collected fashion
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it
- Ability to analyze and present content and social performance
- Project management skills and understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment and focus on the delivery of results in the form of traffic, leads and sales
- Experience utilizing Hubspot a plus
- Experience with various SEO tools such as GA, SEM Rush, etc.
- Experience managing/promoting content on Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, etc.
- Data-driven problem solver
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Marketing: 3 years (Required)
- Work Location: Remote
Your application has been successfully submitted.