As our first Editorial Intern, you’ll work directly with our Content Lead to streamline our content production processes and coordinate publishing content with our team of freelance writers. You’ll get to leave your mark on the organization’s processes, get some bylines, and learn how editorial content and business can actually work together.
This role is fully remote and will last for three months, with the possibility of continuing after those initial three months.
Here's an example of what a successful internship at Flixed might look like:
In the first 1 - 3 months 👷🏽♂️
- Learn about doing SEO at scale, our content infrastructure, and working philosophy.
- Get to know your team through one-on-one's with the Content Lead and through Slack interactions with writers.
- Collaborate with the Content Lead on a standard editorial review process.
- Publish new content following the editorial review process we’ve established.
- Write taste-making content and get some bylines!
🤓 What you’ll do here
- Optimize blog post titles and meta-descriptions across our domains
- Spot check existing articles to bring them in line with content guidelines
- Do a final review of new article submissions, request necessary edits from freelance writers, and hit publish
- Create original images using pre-made Canva templates and upload them to our site
- Brainstorm new content ideas with our content lead, including content for our newsletter
🎓 What you’ll learn here
- How to create revenue-generating content
- Deadline setting and execution
- Newsletter production and distribution
- Website content production and distribution
- How to attribute sources
- How to format headings, images, and text for search optimization
- How to optimize for Google while appealing to humans
- How to collaborate and work with a fully-remote team
- How to work with writers, strategists, engineers, and product folks toward a shared goal
💁 Who you are
- You're in your 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year of college studies at an American or Canadian school.
- You have experience with SEO, digital marketing, and/or journalism.
- You’re familiar with Notion and Wordpress.
- You communicate early and often with team members and key stakeholders.
Bonus Points 🏆
- You’ve worked on a student paper or journalism team in the past and know your way around a CMS.
- You know AP Style like the back of your hand.
- You’re interested in how content can actually shape a business’ bottom line
The stipend for this internship will be $1000 per month.
Note: Compensation is tied to impact not time spent. With that said, we do expect this to be a part-time role that will average 10 hours a week.
- Fill out our online application form. We’ll begin reviewing applications on September 12, 2022.
- We’ll select candidates for our first round interviews with Kelsey, our content lead.
- Selected candidates will complete a short (30 min) editorial review assignment.
- Selected candidates will meet with one other team member.
- Offer time!
Your application has been successfully submitted.