Content Marketing Manager
Nautical is looking for a Content Marketing Manager to join our rapidly-growing startup! The Content Marketing Manager will be responsible for building and executing Nautical’s content strategy across multiple channels to increase web traffic and brand awareness.
The Content Marketing Manager should be able to manage a team of freelance writers to create high value content and have a love for written and verbal communication. If you have a passion for creating high-quality content and discovering the best distribution channels to get our message heard, we want to chat with you!
Nautical is building ecommerce technology that will power the future economy. We are looking for wave makers interested in having a lasting impact at a funded startup (recently raised a $30M Series A). Nautical is growing rapidly across all functions. We are committed to our work and are charging diligently towards our mission to democratize access to marketplace technology.
The Content Marketing Manager is on the Marketing Team reporting to the Head of Marketing. The Marketing team is responsible for generating demand, positioning Nautical as the premier marketplace platform offering, and increasing awareness of the Nautical brand.
Nautical has offices in New York and Toronto. This role can be located in Dallas or Toronto. We have a flexible work environment, but we value in-person collaboration and will meet in-office at least 3x/week.
- Content creation – Create compelling content (blogs, ebooks, emails, reports, webinars) to engage target audiences through all channels.
- Management – Manage a team of freelance content writers by pulling together content briefs, reviewing drafts, and keeping up with deadlines.
- Distribution – Develop and execute against plans to distribute content through multiple channels like social media, email drip campaigns, webinars, video, and more.
- Product Copy – Create on-brand copy to be used on our website, in sales collateral, and in other external communications.
- SEO – Understand and utilize SEO best practices to increase our online traffic.
- Analytics – Use analyzed data to create a captivating content strategy for the business.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field
- 3-5 years of experience in content strategy or a related field
- Superb writing and editing skills with a data-driven and highly analytical view
- Ability to work in ambiguity and make decisions with confidence
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Proven experience on various social media platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter)
- Experience with Webflow, Canva, and/or Hubspot is a plus
- Experience writing in B2B SaaS / ecommerce is a plus
Beyond the Skills:
- You are committed to people. At Nautical, we are radically human. We make everything about people: our technology, decisions, interactions, and product are rooted in the power of being human first.
- You are honestly humble. We proceed by leaning into our team, knowing we don't know everything. We listen, make data-driven decisions, and communicate openly.
- You are customer centric. We are customer focused because acting in the interest of our customer is always the right choice.
- You are solution oriented. We leave our egos at the door and focus on solving problems. We are okay with being wrong to make sure the product is right.
- You are passionately different. We believe in the strength of diversity, embracing different perspectives and cultures to improve our community and our decision quality.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Marketplace Operating System