Head of Content: Saving for College
We are actively looking for the next Head of Content for Saving for College (savingforcollege.com), the leading resource for parents interested in learning about how to save and pay for college.
In this pivotal role, you’ll be responsible for leading the charge as the spokesperson and content lead, developing and executing a traffic and engagement strategy that continues to establish us as industry leaders.
You will create the vision and content strategy that further establishes Saving for College as the number one resource for parents facing the challenges of 529 plans, student loans, and the personal finance management that comes with these big responsibilities.
You’ll also leverage your deep industry knowledge and expertise to find new content opportunities that will further establish the Saving for College brand.
What we are looking for:
You are an experienced personal finance expert, with strong working knowledge of 529 plans, college loans, and savings in the US.
You are adept at articulating and driving content strategies and can craft compelling content in a variety of formats (articles, thought leadership, responses to media, video, and social media posts).
You’re a self-starter seeking a role where you can make an impact and grow with an already established digital company.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and manage an editorial calendar that identifies specific content to be created and/or promoted each month based on seasonal trends/events
- Oversee and execute outreach communication programs including weekly newsletters and push notifications to help drive return traffic to our site
- Lead social media efforts including crafting and scheduling posts, testing new tactics and platforms, and measuring results
- Write key articles and establish your own authority as a leading industry expert
- Find and create new content opportunities such as videos, and infographics on trending or seasonal topics
- Draft press releases and conduct proactive outreach to media
- Help produce and participate in webinars for our audience, as well as similar opportunities presented by other publishers
- Generate a consistent flow of new ideas to make our content accessible and interesting for our target audience
- Keep up with relevant competitive and marketplace trends and make recommendations to help improve efficiencies and expand our reach
- You have at least three years of experience writing, creating, and editing content for a fast-paced digital publisher, with at least two years of experience in personal finance, investing, college funding, or related areas
- You are an outstanding writer and are skilled in creating high-quality, informative, and readable content
- You have experience using Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Mailchimp and/or other email platforms, as well as social media platforms and tools
- You have a deep understanding of personal finance and investment-related topics and can break down complex ideas into what matters most to the reader
You’ll also have these skills:
Strategic thinking. Ability to see the big picture and establish smart, doable strategies to accomplish your goals.
Connection cultivator. You’ll lead the PR and audience-building efforts, build connections and relationships with media and key partners and find new ways to get the word out there.
Accountability. As a self-starter, you’re an intrinsically motivated person who values their work and holds themselves and others accountable for objectives. You establish clear expectations, and guidelines. You can prioritize multiple projects and create clear processes to get things done.
A real human approach. You understand that our readers are parents with real anxiety and stress around their children’s futures. You care about people and move with empathy in the world for our audience and the team you’ll lead.
Data-driven. You are a data-oriented, measure-results individual, and apply a test-analyze-learn approach to everything you do.
What’s in it for you:
- Full autonomy to build out the editorial vision of this brand, establishing yourself as an industry leader on a high-authority, established site, and go-to industry resource
- You’ll have the support of a centralized content team with SEO specialists to help bolster your efforts
- You’ll have the opportunity to help millions of parents make their dreams of sending their kids to college a reality
- This is a salaried position with starting salary of 80,000 - 100,000 depending on experience.
- This can be a fully remote role.
About Saving for College
Saving for College (savingforcollege.com) is the number one resource for parents interested in learning about how to save and pay for college. Our advertisers and marketing partners include some of the largest financial institutions in the country.
Our mission is to help families attain higher education for their kids without becoming overburdened with debt. Our platform provides content, tools, and information to help our readers understand their college savings options, plan a savings strategy, and understand their options for paying for college. Millions of visitors each year – including parents, financial professionals, and leading media outlets – rely on us for independent, objective information on 529 college savings plans and student loans.
Saving for College was founded in 1999 by CPA and 529 plan industry pioneer Joseph Hurley. Since that time, we have built on Joe’s legacy by providing unbiased information to assist families in meeting the rising costs of education. Our content, research, calculators, and tools have helped millions of families over the years make well-informed decisions when it comes to saving and paying for the cost of an education.
We are a passionate team that continues to grow and we are looking for dynamic people to join us on this amazing journey.
How to Apply:
Please submit your application via the Airtable form [this will link to the form]. Please note that we recruiting for this role for one of our trusted partners. This is an external role outside of Venture 4th Media.
1. Tell me why you want to be Head of Content for Saving for College in your application. Go ahead and brag. Make sure to share your industry-relevant experience.
2. Please include your desired yearly salary.
3. Please include links to your published articles or projects that you have worked on and published.
4. Please share a minimum of two social media links (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter).
Work can get started right away, so don't hesitate to reach out. This is your chance to join a dynamic, growing, fun team!
Must be willing to go through a 30 min. 'get to know you’ interview so we can meet and access your industry expertise, knowledge, and skills.
I will only reach out to those who have followed these instructions and have the experience we're looking for.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connecting niche audiences to digital worlds they love.