Letterdrop is a content marketing platform + agency backed by Y Combinator and led by an ex-Google Product Manager. We’re looking for an editor to join the agency part of our team to help us create compelling B2B content for our customers. You'll be working with a team of 5 remote writers.
What will you do?
- Ensure clarity and concision.
- Fact-checking: Prevent inaccuracies in content our writers produce for our dozens of customers.
- Be willing to read and learn about business and technology so that you have context to edit content with a decent grasp of the underlying material.
- Use our Letterdrop software platform to spend your time effectively. We want you to focus on editing and we’ll the platform will take care of the rest so that editing isn’t as painful as getting your wisdom teeth pulled out.
- We cover a wide variety of B2B industries including marketing, sales, customer support, accounting, etc. You don’t need to know specifics about these industries or be an expert, but you do need to be willing and able to learn about them given material from our customers.
- We are currently producing around 10 articles per week and want to scale up our operations. You’ll be editing these and educating writers so that you can reduce the amount of editing over time.
To get a better idea of the types of content we help our customers create, see below:
If you can go through the above and feel like this is within your wheelhouse, let’s chat!
What skills do you need?
- Bachelors Degree in English, Journalism or similar. Not a strict requirement.
- Must be process-oriented. This is incredibly important and can’t be understated. You’re the type of person who likes to be neat and organized. Tardiness drives you crazy.
- Experience working in an editorial environment.
- Must be familiar with AP style, have an understanding of business and technology.
- You’re ok working in a startup environment - we’re figuring things out, trying to build something new from scratch. There will be lots of experimentation.
- A passion for writing and English. You’re excited to tell stories through quality long-form content.
We expect writing we help our customers produce to be:
- not fluffy: We do not care about hitting word counts and saying empty sentences. If its filler content, it gets edited out.
- reads like you speak: This isn't an academic paper or Shakespeare. Write like you speak.
- follows style guides: Use the jargon of the industry
- written in American or British English (depends on client needs) and is grammatically correct
- Salary range is $40-50k + health stipend.
- The role is remote. You can work from home.
- Hours are flexible. You should be available in the evenings at least one or two days a week to make timezones work with writers around the world.
How to apply
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the exact subject line [Apply] Editor (it will get lost if you don’t use this subject line)
In the body, include:
- 3 content samples of blog posts or other long form content that you edited or wrote
You don't need to add any formalities or a cover letter. Keep it short.
We encourage applications from candidates who have succeeded in a startup/small-organization environment and we welcome candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, with experience outside of journalism. We're also open to candidates with different levels of experience. A person with the right attitude is more important.
Thank you for reading! We're excited to work with you. 😃
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The platform to put your content marketing on autopilot