Content Marketing Manager
Writesonic is an AI-powered writing assistant with a mission to empower everyone in the world to write anything and publish anywhere. It's like Canva for writing, with tools that simplify the process of creating, editing, and publishing articles, blog posts, ads, landing pages, eCommerce product descriptions, social media posts, and many other forms of content.
Our customers love us, as evidenced by the 5000+ 5-star reviews on G2, TrustPilot, and Capterra.
Last year, we raised $2.6M from Y-Combinator, HOF Capital, and other leading Silicon Valley investors. We have since grown to 16 employees who work remotely and helped 300k+ professionals and businesses generate 10s of millions of pieces of content. But there's lots more to come.
Our mission is to empower everyone to produce high-quality and cost-effective content themselves.
We are dedicated to simplifying content writing so that people can focus on other important tasks, giving them more time and money. This will lead to all people becoming better writers in general.
If this sounds interesting to you, we look forward to hearing from you!
In your role as Writesonic's first content marketing manager, you'll create high-quality content that creates awareness, drives demand, educates through consideration, and supports customer success.
If you want to succeed at Writesonic, you need to be passionate about writing and our mission to empower everyone to become better writers.
Being an experienced content marketer with a broad toolbox is a prerequisite for this role. Having a data-driven mindset, being scrappy, and moving fast comes naturally to you. You are eager to run experiments and to be creative, but also systematic in your approach to scaling what works and cutting what doesn't.
Getting your hands dirty is a must and you cannot expect others to do your mundane tasks for you. You should be excited about being part of a fast-growing startup where roles and responsibilities can change fast as we scale. At Writesonic, there are no limits to how far you can go or how fast you can grow.
- Build a content engine from the ground up with well-researched, creative, and results-oriented content ideas that yield high-quality leads and new customers for our company.
- Drive revenue and brand awareness through effective content marketing campaigns delivered via blog, email, social media, and paid advertising.
- Hire and collaborate with external stakeholders (agencies, freelancers, etc) as well as in-house writing experts to produce top-notch content.
- Take full ownership of, optimize, and continuously improve organic search rankings. Implement SEO best practices while maintaining editorial integrity and adhering to brand voice, style, and tone.
- Develop product positioning and messaging based on user research.
- Identify, track, and report demand generation performance metrics, and use this data to optimize campaign performance continuously and meet marketing OKRs.
- Conduct customer research, identify and narrow users into target segments and personas, and write messaging architecture that positions Writesonic as a solution to their unaddressed pain points.
- Plan and execute a multichannel, full-funnel content strategy in collaboration with the CEO.
Qualifications & Fit
- 5+ years of content marketing experience with at least 3 years at an early-stage startup. Bonus if you have experience in the MarTech space. You know the ownership, drive, tenacity, and initiative that propels startups in fast-paced competitive environments.
- A demonstrated track record of success in building a content marketing engine from scratch. You are confident in owning the whole content strategy process including research, planning, creation, and distribution.
- Proven track record leading SEO research and strategy to ensure that content successfully drives visibility and high-quality inbound leads.
- You have impeccable writing and editing skills, a great eye for detail & a high bar for quality.
- You have a diverse portfolio of creative and effective content including blogs, ebooks, videos, webinars, infographics, and other content, demonstrating the ability to connect with audiences and build brand trust and engagement.
- You excel at turning data into strategic recommendations and developing proprietary insights with custom data.
- Familiarity with funnel steps and metrics across both B2C and B2B channels
- A data-driven mindset focused on setting, measuring, and attaining KPIs
Here's why you'll love working with us:
- We are fully remote and our team members work flexibly.
- We always encourage our team members to take initiative. They set their own tasks & deadlines.
- Just like our AI writing assistant, we too, work in a fast-paced environment.
- You'll get ample space to showcase your creativity & experiment.
- We believe in working together instead of following a long chain of command.
- At Writesonic, we offer the best compensation in the industry for your efforts.
Writesonic is not a suitable fit for everyone, and that’s OK.
We are looking for energetic and driven individuals with a founder mindset who are passionate about building a product that will change thousands of lives for the better and work hard to achieve their goals.
Here are some of the traits we look for in a potential Writesonic team member:
Egoless - At Writesonic, we are trying things that we have never done before every single day - sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. If you want to be successful here, you need to embrace the feeling of 'being a beginner' and be willing to accept feedback.
Less Talk; More Action -- We at Writesonic don't just talk; we work hard. We are not a great match if you have a lot of ideas, but don't implement them.
Prioritize aggressively - We're hiring people who are capable of making the right strategic decisions about their time.
If you like the sound of our environment and you’re passionate about joining a team like the one we’ve described, we'd love to talk!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Write anything. Publish anywhere.