Twofivesix is a strategic consultancy that helps brands engage in the world of gaming.
We are a highly-diverse, four-day work week, fairly compensated, and exceptionally talented company that works with clients like Intel, YouTube, Spin Master, SoundCloud and more.
We are looking for an editorial manager to guide and direct writers, editors, photographers, and other creatives to assemble the stories and other content that draws in readers and customers for clients.
You will work with clients to bring their brands and projects to life. You will craft content creators’ ideas into something unique as well as generate your own. You will manage and execute content strategies for all types of creative deliverables to grow projects for our clients. You will work end-to-end from initial kick-offs with internal teams to honing and shaping content projects throughout the entire process and schedule. You will shape inbound work to meet client needs as well as to optimize for the best performance possible. You will grow a team of diverse content creators.
You are an excellent creative manager who’s bursting with ideas, and who’s up to take on a big role on a small but passionate team. You have a strong interest in games, play and interactivity; a passion for telling stories that sway hearts and minds, and the multi-platform skills to make everything from newsletters to special video series to social media content shine.
- Editor: In every sense of the word. You are able to turn nuggets of ideas into rich executions. You are also quick to dismiss ideas that don’t fit the client’s needs while still encouraging your team to dig deeper. You have outstanding verbal and written communication skills that your content creators can model.
- Future Leaning: You’re thinking both upstream and downstream, keeping on top of things that have happened and have yet to come. You’re constantly asking “What’s Next?”
- Solid Communicator. You are articulate and persuasive, presenting information across a variety of sources clearly, and with conviction. Framing insights in simple language, building a strong rationale for strategic recommendations, and crafting compelling stories are all practically second nature for you. And you present yourself with confidence, professionalism, authority, and humility. You can capture a room without feeling the need to own it, creating a space for creativity and dialogue. You deliver bad news early.
- Team Leader and Facilitator. You have a natural and proven ability to lead and inspire teams—to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-disciplinary team. You are comfortable designing and managing internal and client work sessions with multiple stakeholders and drive to specific outcomes.
- Persuasive: You keep people on task with a smile. You are eager and assertive and help people get to the finish line. You inspire them to become better story-tellers.
- 7-10 years of experience in content creation
- Experience managing editorial process from pitch to edit to fine-tuning
- Strong writing, editing, and multimedia production skills
- Solid research and fact-checking abilities
- A sense of how to bridge what’s important to individual projects with what’s interesting to the public
- Proven track record in growing reach across platforms
- Generally creative, curious, creative, collaborative, and personable
- Experience with games editorial is a plus
- Client-facing experience a plus
This is a full-time freelance employee position at a marketing agency with competitive cash, great health and dental insurance, good perks, and smart people with a proven track-record.
Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our clients, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Twofivesix, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
If you're curious about what kind of company we are, see our guide to working at Twofivesix here.
We do not negotiate salaries -- here's why. Our salaries are adjusted by location and the one listed is for someone in Los Angeles.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Helping brands engage with gamers