Senior Content Strategist
The Stoke Group is looking for a Senior Content Strategist to develop high-impact marketing content and campaigns for our clients. The ideal candidate will be passionate about great storytelling in any medium.
What you’ll do in this role
- Position yourself as a strategic partner to our clients. Understand their business goals, the customers they’re trying to reach, and the problems those customers are trying to solve. Become an expert on each client’s brand, tone, and voice.
- Develop campaign concepts, as well as ideas for individual content assets.
- Work with speakers and client stakeholders to plan and produce compelling webinar events in a variety of formats: live, on-demand, or simulive (a pre-recorded presentation followed by live Q&A).
- Write insightful, well-organized, and tightly focused briefs that will guide Stoke’s editorial and design teams as they develop articles, eBooks, videos, podcasts, websites, interactive experiences, promotional assets, and more.
- Write articles, eBooks, video scripts, and other content assets.
- As needed, supervise the work of other writers. Review drafts and provide feedback that ensures our writers always meet or exceed the client’s expectations.
What you’ll bring to the role
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- 7-10 years of experience in communications, marketing, or a related field.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Strong interviewing skills.
- The ability to look at a draft, rough cut, or webinar outline and see what’s working and what’s not working — from both a storytelling perspective and a marketing perspective.
- Intellectual curiosity, a problem-solving mindset, and a team-oriented work ethic.
- Master’s degree in journalism, strategic communications, instructional design, or a related field.
- B2B marketing and/or tech industry experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience planning and producing webinars is strongly preferred. We’re looking for someone who knows how to develop engaging and effective content for virtual events. (Technical production skills are not necessary.)
- Experience working in a client service model — either in an agency setting, as part of an in-house creative services team, or as a freelancer — would be a plus.
- SEO expertise would be a plus.
Your application has been successfully submitted.