B2B Messaging Consultant
About Us: Founded by ex-Salesforce, McKinsey, and Big Data startup veterans, Tribyl (pronounced Tribal) is a Buyer Intelligence Platform that uses NLP/ML to create a single source of truth on why and how B2B customers are buying, and why they’re choosing you vs. competition.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity to work alongside Tribyl’s founder CEO and and team to help build a category-defining start-up in the hot Revenue intelligence space. How so? You’ll use your messaging, sales, and marketing prowess to capture discrete messages from client content and transform those messages into bits and pieces Tribyl, the platform, can use. Then, you’ll work directly with Tribyl’s clients—PMMs and other leaders in the B2B high-tech software vertical—guiding and training them as they complete the messaging work you began.
A Day in the Life
Here’s what your day might look like. In the morning, you might pow-wow with Tribyl’s customers, helping them refine their messaging/positioning. In the afternoon, you might build how-to user training content (e.g., bite-sized videos) that keeps users engaged and drives adoption. In the evening, you could work on marketing content (e.g., blog posts) to drive awareness and consideration for Tribyl.
You have business, technical, and writing chops. You’re scrappy, entrepreneurial, and thrive on wearing multiple hats. You have a positive mindset and are a builder at heart who employs both tact and drive to get things done. You are a high-energy, self-motivated person.
You’re also a storyteller who thinks, dreams, and produces messaging and content. To you, content is much more than words on the page. It’s about telling a powerful story that motivates Buyers to question their status quo; it’s about taking buyers on a journey and making them believe—in a confident yet inviting way—in your vision of the future. You’re creative, yet detail-oriented and pragmatic.
Your initial primary responsibilities
- Train customers (B2B product marketers) on Tribyl’s messaging taxonomy and message-writing guidelines. Guide customers through the message development process. Provide regular written and verbal feedback.
- Address clients’ messaging gaps by reviewing existing marketing materials and online sources. Extract, edit, synthesize messaging/positioning statements.
- Identify relevant keywords using keyword tools like Moz and Semrush.
- Populate Tribyl’s digitized messaging matrix with these messages and keywords to “train” the machine on what signals to look for.
- Examine machine-generated matches (e.g., email and call transcript snippets) to make keyword tweaks as necessary.
- Manage work plans and timelines.
- Create engaging user training materials (e.g., short videos).
- Plan and carry out Tribyl’s content marketing initiatives - e.g., writing blog posts, ebooks, etc. Assist with other marketing activities such as webinars.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 5+ years of relevant B2B product-marketing-related experience, specifically a proven ability to write clear, consistent, concise, and compelling messaging for each stage of the B2B buying journey.
- Strong critical-thinking, problem-solving and project-management skills, especially the ability to create and manage work plans independently and prioritize tasks in a continually changing start-up work environment.
- Able to work start-up hours and ideally, Pacific Time.
- A tinkerer, comfortable with ambiguity, with a creative mind, a can-do attitude, and the initiative to go “beyond” and make an impact—aka a “startup mindset.”
- Must be a Green Card holder or US Citizen.
- If reading this job description makes you feel energized and ready to go, please apply. Include a short note on "Why You," along with relevant writing samples.
- Upon successful review, we'll schedule a screening interview.
- If there is mutual interest to move forward, we will ask you to complete a short writing exercise to help us gauge your ability to craft messages that resonate with clients and help Tribyl’s machine learning engine purr.
- As the last step, you’ll meet with our Founder CEO.
Note: No candidate is perfect; we don’t expect you to check every box. If you’re interested, please apply. We’d love to see your application.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Know Thy Buyer