Content Marketing Lead (Remote, EMEA)
Shopify is a leading global commerce company, providing trusted tools to start, grow, market, and manage a retail business of any size. Shopify makes commerce better for everyone with a platform and services that are engineered for reliability, while delivering a better shopping experience for consumers everywhere. Shopify powers millions of businesses in more than 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Allbirds, Gymshark, PepsiCo, Staples, and many more.
Shopify’s mission is to make commerce better for everyone. To deliver on that promise, the content marketing team is helping our merchants make better decisions through the content we create.
Your part in that mission will be to understand the needs of our merchants, and to create content strategies that help them unlock the value of Shopify’s products and services. You’ll lead a team that collaborates with content creators, marketing managers and subject matter experts to plan, commission and distribute content that improves the credibility and awareness of Shopify in the EMEA region–specifically the UK, Italy, France, Spain and Germany.
- Understanding our audience and the market: You’ll be responsible for understanding our merchant needs and the industry landscape through desk research, interviews, merchant surveys, and commissioning proprietary research. You’ll be an expert at turning that data into original insight and actionable recommendations that improve the performance of our content programs.
- Building full-funnel content journeys for our priority topics: You will create content strategies around our key content themes–considering the impact of content at every stage in the customer journey, from lead generating content like guides and webinars to keynote speeches at events and case studies. You’ll work with writers, editors, producers, designers and marketers to develop unique and memorable content that pushes creative boundaries and provides deep value to our audience.
- Localizing content for regions: You’ll work closely with localization managers and global marketing stakeholders to translate and localize content assets across priority regions, including UK, Germany, Italy, Spain and France. You’ll also be responsible for educating our global teams on regional nuances, and briefing stakeholders on regional needs for content.
- Leading a team: You’ll oversee our approach to campaign content strategy and content insights, including hiring and training a small but mighty team of content marketers. You will guide your team in scoping initiatives with the right constraints, and will create the conditions for individual success through regular team time and 1:1s, performance management, feedback and coaching.
- 7-10 years of experience developing content for a B2B audience, bonus if you have experience in the ecommerce or retail space.
- Strong writing and editing chops, with a talent for distilling complex ideas into plain language in your briefs, strategies and in long-form content.
- Confident owning the whole content strategy process including research, planning, creation and distribution.
- An expert in your discipline, with deep knowledge of audiences, channels and high impact marketing tactics.
- Capable of solving unfamiliar complex business problems that extend beyond content.
- Excels at turning data into strategic recommendations, and developing proprietary insights with custom data.
- A knack for building streamlined processes for content marketing and knowing how to efficiently manage expectations–and prioritize your team’s workload.
- Familiarity with marketing automation and CRM software (e.g. Salesforce, Marketo, etc.), workflow software (e.g Asana, Wrike), analytics software (e.g. Google Analytics, Bizible, etc.), and content management systems (e.g. Contentful).
- The ability to work closely with product, sales marketing and data teams to report on the performance of your work, and to use those insights to improve content performance.
- Adept at building high-trust relationships that make honest feedback conversations possible. Receives feedback with humility and grace.
- Knows how to defend good ideas, without being defensive, and creates an environment that leads to good creative work.
- Takes ownership of learning within their discipline, and educating stakeholders at every level of the business.
- A passion for learning about your audience (our merchants, as well as a genuine interest in the commerce space.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Make Commerce Better for Everyone