Global Marketing Manager
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking a Global Marketing Manager for our Microbial Solutions business unit to be located in Charleston, SC.
The following are responsibilities related to the Global Marketing Manager:
• Manage marketing functions in partnership with both corporate marketing and the Commercial team to achieve business performance, obtain maximum value and identify new opportunities to increase market share.
• Collaborate with Applications, Product Management, Strategic (Microbial Solutions) and Corporate Marketing, R&D, Technical and Field Service, and Sales to develop and implement strategies, portfolio development plans and positioning and messaging plans consistent with both corporate and business unit branding platforms.
• Collaborate with the Market Research team to research and develop Lead generation projects for Client Engagement team. Work with business analytics to help research and understand the market dynamics and market potential in assigned areas, identify market growth opportunities and incorporate in to marketing program development (competitive landscape, market trends, etc.)
• Ensure maximum marketing visibility and value-based promotion.
• Develop and implement tactical marketing plans to support and achieve Microbial Solutions business goals and objectives.
• Assist in the development of short and long-range operating objectives and achieve these objectives.
• Manage the marketing function to ensure a high level of responsiveness to customers and the business development organization.
• Develop effective relationships within the business and participate with the commercial leadership team.
• Develop relationships with key industry thought leaders and create a pool of knowledgeable go-to clients for ad-hoc market feedback and research.
• Work closely with both the corporate marketing and the business development teams to provide input to the creation of marketing strategies and to provide leadership to support the execution of the operational objectives.
• Work with Product Management and Technology and Market Development Managers to prepare detailed competitive market analyses and strategic options to grow marketing share including modeling of alternative business scenarios.
• Manage the collection of Microbial Solutions marketing and customer behavior-related data and reporting of this data to senior management, in partnership with Microbial Solutions business management and corporate marketing as appropriate.
• Identify and create synergistic marketing programs that cross product and business unit lines.
• Conduct regular business development trips, meeting with both customers and staff.
• Manage the collection of marketing and customer behavior-related data and reporting of this data to senior management.
• Participate in vendor selection management in the execution of marketing objectives.
• Keep abreast of current trends and practices in the industry.
• Perform all other related duties as assigned.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Global Marketing Manager position:
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in marketing or related discipline.
• Experience: Five years related experience or equivalent in a combination of marketing, product management, communications and business management positions within a technical environment (e.g., biotech, pharmaceutical, medical device company, hospital, or laboratory).
• Other: Proven ability to creatively develop and execute business to business product (service) marketing strategies. Knowledge of marketing concepts and techniques. Proven ability to work both independently and in cross-functional teams to achieve established goals. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
About Microbial Solutions
Our Microbial Solutions business group has a comprehensive portfolio of endotoxin testing, microbial detection and microbial identification products and services is unlike any other, and has been purposefully designed to meet the complex and ever-changing needs of the industry. We help clients to ensure product safety and quality with easy-to-use yet robust testing solutions that satisfy regulatory requirements, support critical decision making and improve operational efficiencies.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Every Step of the Way