Message Lab is seeking an SEO Specialist to be a critical component in the delivery and growth of our Search Engine Optimization service. We are looking for someone who understands the important role an organic search campaign plays in an overall marketing strategy and specifically, content's critical role in success.
This person will have experience managing organic strategies to improve the technical and contextual health of a website. They will have provided and implemented optimization recommendations and provided follow-up investigations into their performance. Most importantly, this person will have knowledge of industry best practices, a point of view on what works and what doesn’t, and the ability to execute a tactic.
This role will report directly to the Senior Digital Marketing Specialist
A fast-growing content marketing agency that combines journalism, data, and design to create content that resonates with audiences. We get results by engaging customers with content that matters instead of always trying to sell. We work with Fortune 500 clients, helping develop content programs from a handful of blog posts or videos to full-blown branded publications. This role is fully remote and Message Lab will accept applicants from across the U.S. Unfortunately, at this time we are not accepting candidates outside of the United States.
- Perform in-depth keyword research into topics and categories to inform both strategic and tactical recommendations.
- Develop SEO content briefs based on an analysis of SERPs and provide recommendations on the best approach for a piece of content to drive organic traffic
- Run regular audits to ensure and maintain the technical health & alignment with Google’s recommendations for our client’s sites.
- Optimize the on-page elements of editorially written articles prior to publication
- Support and run link-building campaigns to help boost the authority and reach of our client’s sites (with guidance).
- Report on the performance of SEO initiatives and their impact on the greater strategy using a variety of tools including AHrefs, Moz, Google Search Console, and Google Analytics.
- Keep up to date on best practices and news in the SEO industry
You will bring...
- 2+ years of experience running SEO programs
- Understanding of search engine algorithms and ranking methods
- Familiarity with common SEO tools including Moz, AHrefs, Google Search Console, Screaming Frog and any others.
- Comfortable reading through the code of a page with a basic understanding of HTML and CSS
- Strong understanding of cross-channel marketing principles
- Experience with or interest in applying SEO best practices and tools to impact top-of-funnel publishing activities.
- A strong communicator with a good ability to explain and deliver SEO insight and recommendations to non-SEO experts
It would be great if you...
- Have experience in other marketing channels (owned, social, and paid)
- Have previous work experience at an agency
You Will Get…
- To work remotely in a full-time position reporting to the Sr. Digital Marketing Strategist
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience
- A competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, and more
- To work with well-known brands
- To help develop a custom analytics stack
Your application has been successfully submitted.