Senior Content Manager
At Bessemer Venture Partners, we’re focused on making an impact by delivering venture insights that matter to founders. Thought leadership and scaling our brand footprint through storytelling, research, and trends reporting is a key way for our partners and the firm-at-large to connect with the entrepreneurial ecosystem and the broader venture capital community.
The Marketing team is looking to grow our editorial and content efforts by bringing on a new team member—Senior Content Manager. As a key member to the Editorial and Content team, this role will grow our editorial efforts by leading, concepting, producing, writing, editing, and launching articles and content campaigns that support our brand and thought leadership, including Atlas, our newsletter, social and events. You’ll work closely with investors and the greater marketing and platform team to develop engaging content and drive global content campaigns that resonate with founders.
This full-time role will be based in San Francisco or Redwood City and report to the Editorial Director.
What You’ll Do
- Strategize and execute on building the next great media brand in the VC community.
- Lead and build recurring and net new content programs elevating our thought leadership, roadmaps, and investor points of view.
- Partner with investors and the marketing team to develop engaging content and drive content campaigns.
- Write and edit content, ranging from articles, reports, slides, and social posts.
- Produce and manage our email newsletter with the aim to grow our subscriber base.
- Create and execute content experiments across the website, podcasts, email, and social that drive audience engagement and growth.
- Excellent writing, editing, and storytelling skills, and ability to adapt content for the channel it lives.
- Strong track record producing and distributing content that achieves strategic business goals.
- Storytelling beyond the written word; leverage marketing skills to plan, prep, and package branded multimedia content, such as slides, video segments, podcasts, etc.
- Effectively collaborate cross-functionally, with partners, investors, and marketing and events.
- A mixture of a critical thinker, creative problem solver, and skillful project manager.
- Someone with high integrity and EQ, professionalism, sense of humor, and deep motivation to build!
- Possess a growth mindset—aptitude and curiosity to take on new responsibilities within and outside of the job description written here.
- Familiarity with using a CMS, Canva, publishing and content creation tools, and working in a hybrid environment.
- Preferably 5-7+ years experience.
- Comprehensive healthcare plans including medical, dental and vision benefits
- PTO and family leave
- Retirement plan
- Commuter benefits
Bessemer Venture Partners helps entrepreneurs lay strong foundations to build and forge long-standing companies. With more than 135 IPOs and 200 portfolio companies in the enterprise, consumer and healthcare spaces, Bessemer supports founders and CEOs from their early days through every stage of growth. Bessemer’s global portfolio includes Pinterest, Shopify, Twilio, Yelp, LinkedIn, PagerDuty, DocuSign, Wix, Fiverr and Toast and has $9 billion of capital under management. Bessemer has teams of investors and partners located in Tel Aviv, Silicon Valley, San Francisco, New York, London, Boston, Beijing and Bangalore. Born from innovations in steel more than a century ago, Bessemer’s storied history has afforded its partners the opportunity to celebrate and scrutinize its best investment decisions (see Memos) and also learn from its mistakes (see Anti-Portfolio).
Bessemer Venture Partners is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
How to Apply
If you are interested in the role, please send your LinkedIn profile, resume, 2-3 writing samples, and a few lines about what excites you about this role to Christine Deakers at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We invest wherever great companies are built.