Senior Content Marketing Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Rainforest QA is a one-of-a-kind, no-code solution that makes the software testing process fast and easy. Developers, product people, and QA teams love us because we allow them to release product updates more quickly while maintaining a high-quality user experience.
Rainforest is a fully-remote company with employees all over the world. We’ve raised over $40M from premier investors including Bessemer Venture Partners, Bonfire Ventures, and Y Combinator.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Content Marketing Manager from the B2B SaaS industry to help us deliver on our company’s big, strategic bet on content marketing. This is a perfect opportunity for someone with a proven track record to make meaningful impact on a company’s growth trajectory.
You’ll be the second full-time hire on the marketing team and will report directly to Austin-based Head of Marketing, Mike Sonders. Mike has a deep background in content marketing, so you can look forward to a shared understanding of the work and its challenges, fruitful exchanges of ideas, and constructive encouragement to push yourself to improve and grow.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with the Head of Marketing to develop a content strategy that supports company goals.
- Regularly produce long-form opinionated and product-led educational content for our blog.
- Irregularly produce case studies, landing pages, ad messaging, ebooks, social copy, and other written content.
- Launch and produce an email newsletter.
- Develop and manage the marketing content calendar.
- Interview internal subject matter experts for their insights and work with them to refine copy and messaging.
- Interview our customers to learn about their experiences with Rainforest and to deeply understand what drives them.
- Establish success metrics for your work, report on results, and refine your work, accordingly.
- Refresh or prune content that’s outdated or inconsistent with our brand voice or messaging.
- Explore opportunities in new mediums and formats. (Want to make bets in video or audio? There’s room to experiment!)
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years of content marketing experience, preferably in B2B SaaS.
- Someone self-motivated who thrives in startups, particularly in a fully-remote model.
- A native English speaker located within U.S. or Western Europe time zones.
- Deep dissatisfaction with“good enough” content. You want to produce work that engages, educates, and makes readers go, "This is great, who wrote this?"
- A curious, journalistic mind. You love improving your understanding by interviewing other people about their insights and experiences.
- An adaptable writer. Your passion is long-form content, but you can contribute compelling short-form copy to landing pages, ads, and more.
- A true marketer. You want to deeply understand our product and our customers so you can deliver value. You recognize your words are even more powerful when combined with CRO principles.
- Someone who enjoys teaming up with coworkers across disciplines to produce A+ results.
- Content optimized for search engine traffic that doesn’t sound like it was written by an SEO-powered robot.
- A record of driving signups or free trials with product-led content.
- An analytical mind that forms hypotheses and measures results using both quantitative and qualitative insights. (For starters, Google Analytics is your old pal.)
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle, and an interest in learning more.
- A solid understanding of content distribution channels and strategies.
- Bonus points if you’ve marketed to software developers, product managers, or quality assurance testers.
What’s in it for you
- Getting to market a product that’s differentiated, offers compelling value, and gets people in our market excited.
- A valued role in the company. Content marketing is our biggest strategic bet for growth.
- The chance to make an impact. You’d be joining a growing company early, just as the marketing flywheel is starting to spin.
- A flexible work schedule. Outside of scheduled Zoom meetings and Slack sync-ups, work when and where is best for you to meet your commitments while having a life.
- Smart, neighborly coworkers from many countries and backgrounds who care about their work and each other.
- Excellent employee benefits. (Scroll down to get the deets.)
What Rainforest offers
- Competitive salary plus equity.
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage for employees, 75% for dependents (U.S., only).
- Unlimited paid time-off (PTO).
- A weekly allowance for lunches and a monthly allowance for remote office supplies or personal development.
- Semi-annual company off-sites in exciting destinations around the world (during non-pandemic times). Join us in Barcelona in June!
- 12 weeks of paid maternity leave and 8 weeks of paid leave for supporting parents (U.S., only).
- 401k (U.S., only).
A note on diversity and inclusion
At Rainforest we believe that diverse teams improve our business. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.