Senior Project Manager
Boulder, CO, USA Remote
Campfire Labs is hiring a Senior Project Manager to make its editorial operations smooth like butter.
Watch my interview with founder Michael Thomas about the role:
At Campfire Labs we’re passionate about telling stories that inspire. But we’re motivated by a larger social mission.
As a mission-driven company, we put people before profits. That means paying generous salaries, closing the office over the holidays, giving employees flexibility to take care of their family, and much more. We’ve also pledged 50% of our profits and equity to non-profit projects that fight climate change.
Here are a couple other reasons our team members love working here:
- Growth opportunity: We believe in promoting from within, which means the sky's the limit in this role. Many content managers get stuck and struggle to progress in their career. We think they can make great marketing leaders.
- Flexibility: We’re a team that believes family and life comes before work. If you can hit your goals, we don’t care when you show up to work or if you need to take an hour off in the middle of the day to take care of your kid (or whatever else in life is calling). We measure results, not hours worked.
- An inclusive culture that values diversity: We’re committed to building a diverse team where people feel welcome no matter their gender, race, sexuality or religious beliefs.
- We work with the best of the best: Our customers are the fastest growing companies in the world. And our small customer community is full of some of the smartest marketers in the industry.
- This ain’t our first rodeo: Oftentimes working for a startup means growing pains and immature first-time managers. We’re a team of experienced, professional people that believe in treating each other well.
- Autonomy: We believe in setting ambitious goals and then trusting our team to achieve them. That means no micro-management or pointless meetings. Our goal is to create an atmosphere where people can thrive and do their best work.
Make our editorial operations smooth like butter
- Develop, maintain and improve project and content management systems using tools like Asana and Google Drive
- Set up relevant Google Drive folders and Asana projects at the start of every project
- Keep projects up to date in Asana every day
- Assign Asana tasks to all relevant parties
- Use your passion and knowledge to adopt and introduce the tools and systems you believe would help us do our best work.
Communicate with our editorial team
- Track which projects each writer and editor is working on, and work with the editorial manager to assign writers and editors to projects
- Communicate with writers and editors to help them understand which projects should be prioritized at any given time
- Work with writers and editors to understand how project management systems can make their work lives easier
- Explain any changes to project management systems to writers so they understand the reasons behind each decision
- Work alongside other Campfire Labs senior team members to find deadlines and processes that empower and respect everyone’s needs
Communicate with our clients
- Attend client meetings and keep clients updated on the status of projects via email
- Respond to client questions that relate to project logistics and relay any creative feedback to our writers and editors
- Build rapport with clients and try to make sure they’re happy with our organization and communication methods
Manage project timelines and budgets
- Gather client and writer feedback at the end of each project and create a retrospective to help us understand which projects to pursue or avoid in the future
- Develop a system to track project budgets and work with editorial manager to ensure we don’t go over budget on any projects
- Work with our sales and editorial staff to identify opportunities for expanding and reselling accounts
What we’re looking for
- Systems thinking — You’re organized, detail-oriented, and obsessed with making things more efficient
- Experience or a willingness to learn about our industry — If you can talk about B2B, SaaS, churn, and funnels without missing a beat, you speak our language. But we value different perspectives and unique work experiences. Experience or not, we’re looking for someone who is interested in the B2B content marketing industry and quick to learn new concepts.
- Kindness and empathy — You know the best place to start with any system is asking people questions and understanding how to make their life a little better.
- Communication and collaboration— You know how to articulate a thought or idea concisely. And you love working with a team.
- Values-alignment — You believe in our mission, commitment to diversity and inclusion, and want to work at a company motivated by more than growth or profits.
Other details and how to apply
Salary: We pay competitive salaries based on market rates in your geography.
- Unlimited vacation
- A $3,600 per year health care stipend to spend on anything you want
- A generous profit share
Your application has been successfully submitted.