Campfire Labs is hiring a Client Content Strategist to bring on new customers, pitch creative ideas and collaborate with the editorial team.
Watch my interview with founder Michael Thomas about the role:
At Campfire Labs we’re passionate about telling stories that inspire. But we’re motivated by a larger social mission as well.
As a mission-driven company, we put people before profits. That means paying generous salaries, closing the office over the holidays, giving employees flexibility to take care of their family, and much more. We’ve also pledged 50% of our profits and equity to projects that fight climate change.
Here are a couple other reasons our team members love working here:
- Personal growth opportunities: We believe in promoting from within, which means the sky's the limit for you in this role.
- Flexibility: We’re a team that believes family should come before work. If you’re able to hit your goals, we don’t care when you show up to work or if you need to take an hour off in the middle of the day to take care of your kid (or whatever else in life is calling). We measure results, not hours worked.
- An inclusive culture that values diversity: We’re committed to building a diverse team where people feel welcome no matter their gender, race, sexuality or religious beliefs.
- We work with the best of the best: Our customers are the fastest growing companies in the world. And our small customer community is full of some of the smartest people in the industry.
- This ain’t our first rodeo: Oftentimes working for a startup means growing pains and immature first-time managers. We’re a team of experienced, professional people that believe in treating each other well.
- Autonomy: We believe in setting ambitious goals and then trusting our team to achieve them. That means no micro-management or pointless meetings. Our goal is to create an atmosphere where people can thrive and do their best work.
Generate new pipeline
- Send personalized emails to prospects that fit our ideal customer profile based on signals indicating a need for our services
- Look for new customers through multiple channels including online communities, social media, virtual events, partnerships and other creative approaches
- Collaborate with the marketing team to engage the target market with content
Engage with potential customers and win new projects
- Work to understand the buyer’s situation, perspective, needs and goals
- Engage prospects frequently with relevant and helpful emails
- Tell prospects our company story and share examples of how we’ve helped our customers
- Discuss marketing and content strategy with potential prospects and suggest ways they could use Campfire Labs’ services to achieve their goals.
- Price solutions using existing quoting model and in collaboration with editorial production management
- Create proposals and contracts based on our existing templates
Report on progress and results
- Report on a regular cadence to provide marketing, management and editorial production with insights into progress with potential customers, anticipated resourcing requirements and progress on KPIs
- Provide feedback to marketing and management on quality of deals sourced through different channels
- Offer insights and recommendations into deal quality, velocity, trends, pricing strategy and product-market fit
What we’re looking for
- Passion for B2B marketing: You love reading about the latest sales and marketing strategies and following the latest trends in B2B software sales.
- You like helping people: You see marketing as a way to help people solve problems and have a “Give First” ethos.
- Communication skills: You speak and write clearly and respond to emails quickly.
- Process-oriented: You know how to manage a pipeline and focus on activities that yield the best results.
- Values-alignment: You believe in our mission and want to work at a company committed to more than growth or profits.
Other details and how to apply
Salary: We pay competitive salaries based on market rates in your geography.
- Unlimited vacation
- A $3,600 per year health care stipend to spend on anything you want
- A generous profit share
Your application has been successfully submitted.