Senior Content Marketing Manager, Campaigns
Toronto, ON, Canada Remote
Shopify is hiring a senior content manager to leads its retail content marketing efforts. You can check out the retail blog here. This person will drive strategy, work across demand gen and GTM, and be part of one of Shopify's newest offerings. If you want to help brick-and-mortar retailers succeed with educational content, this role is for you.
Watch my interview with Senior Content Marketing Manager Hailey Ho here:
Shopify’s mission is to make commerce better for everyone. To deliver on that promise, the content marketing team is helping our merchants make better decisions through the content we create.
Your part in that mission will be to understand the needs of our merchants, and to create content strategies that help them unlock the value of Shopify’s products and services.
You’ll collaborate with content creators, marketing managers and subject matter experts to plan, commission and distribute content that improves the performance of our campaigns and always-on programs.
- Understanding our audience and the market: You’ll be responsible for understanding our merchant needs and the industry landscape desk research, interviews, merchant surveys, and commissioning proprietary research. You’ll be adept at turning that data into original insight and actionable recommendations that improve the performance of our content programs.
- Building full-funnel content journeys for our priority topics: You will create content strategies around our key content themes–considering the impact of content at every stage in the customer journey, from social video and lead generating content like guides and webinars to sales enablement and product education. You’ll work with writers, editors, producers, designers and marketers to develop unique and memorable content that pushes creative boundaries and provides deep value to our audience.
- Improving performance of content in campaigns: You’ll work closely with campaign managers to support integrated global campaigns through content strategy, getting buy-in from stakeholders on your ideas, then working with both global and regional teams to make it all happen. You will also be responsible for reporting on the impact of your work, and using those insights to optimize content performance.
- Experience developing content for a B2B audience, bonus if you have experience in the ecommerce or retail space.
- Strong writing and editing chops, with a talent for distilling complex ideas into plain language in your briefs, strategies and in long-form content.
- Confident owning the whole content strategy process including research, planning, creation and distribution.
- A knack for building streamlined processes for content marketing and knowing how to efficiently manage expectations–and your own time.
- Adept at balancing requests and feedback from multiple stakeholders, with the needs of our audience.
- Familiarity with marketing automation and CRM software (e.g. Salesforce, Marketo, etc.), workflow software (e.g Asana, Wrike), analytics software (e.g. Google Analytics, Bizible, etc.), and content management systems (e.g. Contentful).
- The ability to work closely with product, marketing and data teams to determine how your work is driving results, and to use those insights to improve content performance.
- A passion for learning about your audience (our merchants, as well as a genuine interest in the commerce space.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.