Content & Community Manager 🌎
Superpath is the industry’s best community for content marketers. Our mission is to empower content marketers—we do this by fostering a community, publishing content and courses, and connecting individuals to freelance and full-time jobs.
We’re 7,000 members strong and growing fast. We run a free community plus four lines of business (paid membership, job board, partner program and marketplace).
About the Role:
This is our first full-time hire! To date, the company has been operated by the founder with help from freelancers and consultants. We’re really excited to start building our team. You’ll be working alongside the founder, getting exposed to all the fun (and sometimes chaotic) work that goes into making a lean startup tick. We want to call this out upfront: we’re a startup. We don’t have all the answers and we don’t micromanage. We value autonomy and will empower you to do great work.
Okay, the role. We’re looking for a Content and Community Manager. This person will:
- Own the community experience. We want our Slack community to deliver enormous value with as little noise as possible. This includes taking ownership of onboarding and events (AMAs, Zoom hangouts, etc.), running our team of freelance community managers and owning our growth and engagement metrics.
- Fuel growth with content. We want to publish 1-2 long-form blog posts per week, sourced directly from our community. This could be turning the best threads into articles, interviewing community members, running surveys to collect data for content and helping our members contribute their own work to our blog.
- Elevate our newsletter. We believe email is key to any community’s growth and engagement. You’ll run our weekly newsletter, fueling it with content from the blog and conversations from the community.
- Chip in. We’re a small team (one person!) and always need help with little things. This person should be eager to learn all the nuances of the business and help out where they can.
We don’t expect that you’ll do all of this on day one. You’ll ramp up over the first few months.
The right person is:
- A very strong writer. That’s non-negotiable. Written communication will be the vast majority of your work, and while you’ll get plenty of coaching, we need you to shine in this area from day one.
- A few years into a career in content, marketing, community, social media and/or communications. You should be able to teach the basics of content marketing and SEO. If you have less experience but have worked in a startup's marketing role, we’d still love to connect.
- Eager to meet and talk with our members. Much of your job will be writing, but you’ll also be facilitating live events (like Zoom hangouts and virtual pizza parties) and interviewing our members for content.
- Ready to manage freelancers and contractors. You don’t need prior people management experience, but you should be ready to empower our freelance team to do their best work.
- An entrepreneur in training. If you aspire to start your own business one day, explore opportunities outside of content marketing and/or become a leader, this is a great opportunity to work alongside a founder and get exposed to all parts of the business. Want to learn sales? We’ll bring you on sales calls. Want to learn accounting? You can help with the books.
Prior community management experience is a plus, but it’s not required. This world is relatively new, and we don’t expect that you’ve been doing it for years. We have a process to help you get started and will help you connect with other community managers to learn from and share best practices with.
About the compensation and benefits:
- The salary for this role is between $60,000 and $75,000 depending on experience plus health and dental benefits
- You’ll get 25 days of PTO (10 federal holidays plus 15 vacation/sick days).
- You’ll also get a $50/month wellness stipend. You can use this to take a painting class, join a gym, get some food delivered or whatever else makes you feel good.
- We’ll get you a Superpath Pro membership and provide plenty of mentorship. Our founder is a longtime content marketer who will be there to coach you on writing, strategy, reporting and more. You’ll get to build relationships with our community of content marketing leaders as well.
- You'll have autonomy and flexibility. We work hard, but we don't micromanage or track time.
How to apply:
Click "Apply to this position" to get started. We’ll be placing a lot of emphasis on writing samples, so please send links to live web URLs rather than Google Docs or portfolios. It’s important to select a few samples that showcase your best work.
We’ll be conducting screening calls with qualified applicants, then moving on to a paid test project. After that would be a final interview. If you have questions in the meantime, feel free to email us at email@example.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The industry's best Slack community.