Code Climate empowers software engineering organizations to achieve excellence across people, process, and code with data-driven insights. Our Engineering intelligence products are trusted by thousands of organizations- from enterprises to startups - helping align engineering initiatives with strategic priorities, accelerate software delivery, and drive continuous improvement.
Code Climate is based in New York and was founded in 2011, by engineering leaders who were frustrated by decisions being made in the dark or by gut instinct. Code Climate envisions a world where technology leaders can drive business success through increased transparency, efficiency, and actionable data. Since the launch of our company, our automated code review tool, Quality, has helped over 100,000 developers improve their code bases. After nearly a decade, we launched our flagship product, Velocity. Velocity enables technology leaders to make confident, data-driven decisions that fuel elite team performances at scale.
As we carve out our niche and position Code Climate as a thought leader within the Engineering Intelligence space, we are looking for a skilled writer who can help us scale content creation. You’ll be responsible for adhering to our voice and messaging guidelines and writing clear, informative content for our audience of Engineering Managers, VPs, and CTOs.
Examples of Problems You’ll Be Solving:
- Writing and editing SEO-friendly content for our blog, webinars, and events.
- Researching target keywords and using them to inform blog content.
- Crafting compelling email campaigns to drive event signups or nurture prospects along our marketing funnel.
- Identifying content gaps in the existing material and pitching blog post ideas.
- Project managing the design and distribution of content.
You’re Awesome Because:
- You have an editorial instinct with a positive attitude towards providing and receiving feedback.
- You have many strong writing samples in the form of company blogs, sales collateral, or pieces of technical journalism.
- You’re a self-starter with extreme attention to detail and are highly organized with strong project management skills.
- You’re proud of your ability to write clearly and succinctly.
- You’re able to turn around a draft of a 1,000-word article in a day.
- You’re resourceful and proud of your Googling skills.
- At least 2 years of content writing experience in the B2B tech, SaaS or DevOps space,
- The ability to understand and speak to a range of personas, including developers and executives
- Experience writing with company voice and messaging guidelines in mind
- The ability to write clearly, even when tackling complex or technical material
- Strong copyediting skills
Working at Code Climate
- New York-headquartered startup with a hybrid working environment (3 days/week in-office).
- Fast paced, high growth, start-up full of talented and mission driven individuals that love what they do.
- Competitive salary and meaningful stock options.
- Health, dental and vision insurance. We pay 100% of the premium for employees and 50% of the premium for dependents.
- Flexible and generous paid time off including an open vacation policy and parental leave.
- Opportunities to continue your professional development, including attending conferences.
- The best technology to get your job done.
Backed by leading VC firms, including PSG, Union Square Ventures, Foundry Group, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, and NextView Ventures, Code Climate has raised $66M in funding to date having closed a Series C round in August 2021.
Code Climate is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.