Director of Content Marketing
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Our Mission and Opportunity
Early education is one of the greatest determinants of childhood outcomes, is a must for working families, and has lasting social and economic impact. Brightwheel’s vision is to enable high quality early education for every child — by giving teachers meaningfully more time with students each day, engaging parents in the development of their kids, and supporting the small businesses that make up the backbone of the $100 billion early education market. Brightwheel is the most loved technology brand in early education globally, trusted by thousands of educators and millions of families.
We are a highly distributed team supporting fully remote employees across every time zone in the US. We also have hubs in Austin, Denver, and San Francisco. Our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. Our exceptional investor group includes Addition, Bessemer Venture Partners, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GGV Capital, Lowercase Capital, Emerson Collective, and Mark Cuban.
We believe that everyone—from our employees to the students, teachers, and administrators we serve— should be given the opportunity to learn and thrive, whatever their background may be. We celebrate diversity in all forms because it allows our team and the communities we serve to reach their full potential and do their best work.
Who You Are
Brightwheel is seeking an experienced Director of Content Marketing who will own and drive our content marketing vision, strategy, and execution. In this leadership role you'll excel at building content marketing programs that raise brightwheel’s profile as a trustworthy, reputable thought leader while also delivering traffic that converts into customers. Plus, you’ll build and coach the high-performing team that will help us get there!
What You'll Do
- Own the vision and strategy for the next phase of brightwheel's content marketing
- Lead a wonderful content marketing team to create high-quality content at scale across multiple formats
- Inspire your team to create compelling content that attracts our audience of early educators and leads them through their journeys of becoming brightwheel customers
- Make data-driven decisions to move the team and our content forward and hit company goals
- Collaborate closely with our Demand Generation team to identify and distribute content across paid and owned marketing channels to drive demand
- Serve as an extraordinary people leader and culture-bearer at brightwheel, nurturing and growing content marketing talent through hiring, coaching and training.
Qualifications, Skills, & Abilities
- 10+ years of experience in marketing, with 5+ years in content marketing (preferably with some B2B SaaS experience)
- Proven track record in content marketing strategy and content development across multiple formats for multiple audiences; passionate about building successful content marketing programs that drive brand awareness, create growth for our company, and provide value to early educators
- Solid foundation in SEO
- Capable of understanding the data behind a great content marketing program so we can confidently produce revenue generating content that also builds our brand
- Customer-centric mentality, ability to understand the customer’s needs and challenges and translate them into compelling content
- Sharp attention to detail with exceptional project management and organizational skills
Brightwheel offers a competitive compensation package (base salary, equity and benefits) with a strong emphasis on equity-based compensation (ownership in brightwheel). For cash compensation, brightwheel sets standard ranges for all roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In alignment with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the annual cash compensation for this role in Colorado is targeted at $156,000-$203,000. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above. If you are applying from a different location and have questions on the compensation band for your region, please ask your recruiter.
Our benefits package includes premium medical, dental, and vision benefits, generous paid parental leave, a flexible paid time off policy, a monthly wellness and productivity stipend, and a Learning & Development stipend.
Brightwheel is proud to celebrate diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Your application has been successfully submitted.