Senior Content Marketing Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Crelate is seeking a prolific, hands-on creator and content marketing leader with deep knowledge of the recruiting and staffing industry to join our marketing team.
Do you have a knack and love for content production, a strong understanding of content strategy, and experience with creating content to achieve measurable business goals? Are you scrappy, creative, organized, driven, and excited for an opportunity to join a startup that already has incredible product market fit? If so, let’s talk!
We’re looking for a rockstar who combines:
- Strong knowledge of the recruiting, staffing, or HR industry
- Deep understanding of content marketing best practices, from production to promotion
- Excellent project or freelancer management chops
- The hustle and drive needed to truly own and evolve a content program
Beyond content creation, you’ll work with other subject matter experts across the business and beyond to extract industry-leading insight, and to project manage the development of major assets like video interviews, ebooks, webinars, and other video collateral.
This role requires a fearless approach to research & content production, the ability to analyze and iterate on content performance, and strong project management skills to oversee production of complex assets across teams and freelancers.
Throughout your content work, you’ll be expected to sustain and develop Crelate’s voice across all channels and formats, and maintain an overall content calendar for the business.
Your brief: to help Crelate produce incredibly valuable content for prospects and current customers that becomes the envy of the industry, and an indispensable resource to our target audience. This role is at the core of the marketing team, and others will rely on your work every single day.
Crelate is a fast-growing B2B product startup focused on creating world-class talent engagement, recruitment, and staffing software. As of this moment, there are over 1,500 businesses using Crelate to power their recruiting programs. Simply put, we’re on a mission to help more people connect with more opportunities more often. To do this, we are building the fastest, easiest, and most flexible recruiting software on the market, and we need your help to get the word out.
- Full content creation and lifecycle management of ebooks, newsletters, webinars, blogs, videos, etc.
- Research and create 1-2 long-form content resources each month to drive leads, subscribers, and awareness of Crelate, as well as several short- to mid-length content pieces
- Copywriting and support of product marketing content creation across the Crelate.com website
- Grow our audience by providing them with regular, helpful content that’s aligned with their needs and interests, on our site as well as others.
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, sales professionals, external influencers, and industry experts to produce relevant content that meets the needs of both key stakeholders and our audiences
- Provide feedback to other contributors and substantively edit other writers’ content
- Optimize content for search engine visibility with a strong eye toward lead generation
- Interview Crelate customers to capture and tell their story through video and writing
- Convince others that your creative ideas are worth an investment of time and effort
- Maintain full working knowledge of our product
- Grow and scale your abilities as the company grows
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business, adapted to our various channels (blog, social, product copy, etc.)
- A passion for and clear understanding of the recruiting, staffing, and HR industry as well as Crelate's mission and leadership principles
- Past experience producing content for the web, as well as channel-specific knowledge (blog, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, podcasting, etc.)
- An analytical mindset and interest in using data to optimize/scale blog marketing strategies and tactics
- Strong time management, project management, and freelancer or writer management
- Experience using quant tools like ahrefs.com or SEMrush to research high potential content topics, measure the impact of content, and consistently raise the bar
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts
- Minimum 3-4 years of marketing and content creation experience.
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience
- Knowledge of content amplification strategies across paid and organic social media channels is a major plus
- Direct experience building new content types and programs to promote your company, whether that’s a new podcast, video testimonials, or just starting up a blog
- A solid understanding of content strategy and content measurement best practices is strongly desired, but negotiable based on direct experience with the industry
- Experience in product marketing or product marketing copywriting is a major plus
- Experience in building and executing an effective SEO strategy is a major plus
What else do we look for?
- Data-driven. You use data to guide decisions and optimize results.
- Passion for product. You love being part of a product; you find ways to use our product every day, you will support customers use of our product. With this, you will improve the messaging and stories you create.
- Strong customer empathy. You are passionate about customers as people. You’ll build a deep understanding of their needs by speaking with and supporting them. With this, you will create better content and resonates with our customers.
- Unwavering Curiosity. You love to learn, better yourself and the people and things around you. Not knowing and growing motivates you to new heights.
- Organized and an eye for detail. You have excellent organizational skills and pixel-perfect attention to detail.
- Communication. You have excellent presentation, analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
- Frugal. You care about our marketing spend like it was your own money. You know that perfect is the enemy of done. You know any fool can overpay for keywords, and you’re no fool.
- You get it done. In the face of uncertainty, and multiple competing priorities you have a tremendous bias for action. Through collaboration and creative solutions, you deliver success.
We can offer you:
- Flexible work schedule
- Plenty of opportunities to learn
- Startup life - relaxed, yet high-stakes work environment
- Awesome coworkers who care about their work and each other
- Competitive benefits including flexible spending and dependent care accounts, medical, dental and vision coverage, long and short-term disability insurance, and a generous paid leave policy, which includes 14 days of office holidays including a company-wide winter break. Additionally, team members who excel are eligible for stock option grants.
We’re entrepreneurial, passionate and relentless about customer empathy. Everyone on the team talks and works directly with customers. Period. We share a collective passion for success, but not at any cost. We are striving to build an amazing product and a great business. This is no trivial task, and we lean on each other as we iterate our way to success. We value transparency, passion, effort, results, and growth.
Your application has been successfully submitted.