Freelance Content Writer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Today, Exponent's online community, course, and coaching platform has served over 10,000 interviewees at the hottest tech companies... and landed more than a few dream jobs. We're hard at work changing the interview process from confusing and difficult into something better - a supportive educational journey.
As a Content Writer at Exponent, you'll unearth and communicate valuable insights into the hiring practices at ultra-competitive FAANG companies and startups. There's no fluff here - your work will ease interview anxiety, educate, and empower those looking for the next thing, from new grads to senior directors.
- An experienced writer with a passion for educating and empowering others.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Project management skills — we'll work together to develop a content calendar.
- A go-getter with the ability to balance value-creation for an audience with SEO best practices.
- A strong researcher and collaborator (we'll share what we've found works well for Exponent, but we'd love to hear your pitches!)
- Interest in or experience interviewing others to develop a story.
Nice to have:
- Journalistic experience.
- Ed-tech experience.
- Work experience as a product manager, technical program manager, software engineer, engineering manager, etc. is a plus.
- Create long-form articles that resonate with our audience covering all aspects of the job search process.
- Interview new hires at FAANG companies/startups to learn about their experience and create content used in several places within Exponent (courses, interview guides, blogs, etc.)
- Do research — this could include interview structures, hiring processes, and candidate requirements.
- Pitch new ideas and experiment with content topics and formats. We love to try new things!
- Great compensation.
- Unmatched flexibility. Work from anywhere, whenever, alongside a like-minded team invested in supporting you.
How to apply:
- Submit your resume and at least one writing sample and we'll reach out with next steps!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Land your dream tech job