Social Media & Community Manager
Are you passionate about building online communities of enthusiastic fans? Are you excited by the opportunity to build a beloved B2B brand? Do you have a meme or a GIF ready to react to any situation? Are the Shortys and the Streamys more important to you than the Oscars and the Emmys?
OpenPhone is building a business phone that people really want to use. We're a plucky startup challenging stodgy incumbents with a new kind of business phone that is simple and delightful to use, and we need a voice and personality on social media to match.
As our first Social Media & Community Manager, you'll help us tell the OpenPhone story, define our brand voice, and build an engaged community.
Here are some things you'll be doing:
- Take over day-to-day operations of OpenPhone's social media and community profiles
- Create native content for social media channels that defines and showcases our unique brand voice
- Engage fans, followers, and target customers with content that gets them to stop scrolling and pay attentions
- Build and execute a strategy for growing OpenPhone's presence on social media to grow our brand and engage customers
- Develop systems for other teams for other teams at OpenPhone to utilize and benefit from social media
- Be the "voice of the community" within OpenPhone and advocate for our customers
- Develop and track measures of success for social media
- Experiment with new platforms and tools as necessary and advise on adoption
- Contribute to other areas of the marketing team as needed
- 2+ years of experience managing social media across a variety of platforms (we're currently active on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Reddit, and YouTube)
- Quick witted with a passion for internet culture
- Excited to engage with customers via social media and the ability to adjust tactics on the fly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in working with common social media management tools (come ready with opinions about your favorite!)
- A solid understanding of social media analytics and how to measure the success of organic social campaigns
- Experience working remotely, with excellent time management skills and the ability to work autonomously
- An experimental mindset, a desire to learn, and a willingness to try new things
- Bonus: Video editing skills
There's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. We're looking for an optimist with grit and determination, who is excited to face the challenges of a growing startup. OpenPhone is the type of company where you can grow, and we encourage you to apply to us even if you don't 100% match the exact candidate description.
OpenPhone is a new type of business phone. Our mission is to help people communicate better and be more productive.
We’re backed by Y Combinator and the best venture firms including Craft Ventures, Slow Ventures, Kindred Ventures, and others. We're serving thousands of businesses around the world and growing quickly. We take a lot of pride in providing an exceptional customer experience and a product people love. Our customers rated us #1 on all possible categories on G2 Crowd.
We're a distributed team working from around the world - San Francisco, Seattle, Ottawa, Moscow, Manila, Sydney, and many more.
We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.