Content Specialist 📺
Simple Strat is a small content marketing agency looking to make big waves in the world of B2B tech marketing.
Our team is passionate about helping our clients create stand-out content that truly moves the needle for their business. From long-form articles to videos and podcasts, we love creating content that compels people to read, watch, listen, and act. That’s where our Content Specialist role comes in.
As a Content Specialist at Simple Strat, your workdays will primarily be spent writing high-quality, long-form content for our clients. When you aren’t writing, you’ll be helping us plan topics to cover, interviewing subject-matter experts, and offering your expertise in the occasional meeting.
If you like variety and opportunities to learn, you’ll love writing for our different types of clients in the B2B-tech space, creating everything from thought leadership articles to case studies, ebooks, SEO content, and more. But you won’t have to do it all on an island.
Every Simple Strat client starts out with a detailed research and planning project – ensuring you always have audience insights, competitive intel, and clear goals to help guide your work. Plus, you’ll have the ongoing support of Account Strategists and Account Coordinators.
You’ll quickly find that our fully remote team is more tight-knit than the average office. From random slack conversations to casual virtual lunches to coaching sessions with agency leadership, you can rest assured that you’ll feel at home in the Simple Strat family.
An ideal Content Specialist at Simple Strat:
- Is a strong writer with a track record of delivering results, whether that’s happy clients or improving metrics
- Has a proven ability to write content that generates organic search traffic and can provide examples
- Has experience repurposing content and can show examples of this work
- Has a track record of success with various content distribution channels (blogs, social, email, etc.)
- Loves challenging problems and variety in their work
- Is deeply curious about B2B content marketing and closely follows industry experts and trends
- Bonus: Has experience with and enjoys writing for B2B technology companies (bonus for SaaS experience)
Requirements for this role:
- You have experience writing long-form content for B2B audiences and decision-makers (articles, product marketing information, whitepapers, ebooks/guides, case studies, etc.)
- You have experience interviewing subject-matter experts
- You have experience optimizing content for search engines
- You understand content KPIs and how to use that data to improve performance over time
- You have experience identifying compelling topics based on research
- You have experience repurposing content, such as turning a webinar into an article, social posts, and email content
- You have experience with tools like SEMRush, HubSpot, Google Search Console, and/or WordPress
- You are authorized to work in the US and your working hours have strong overlap with the Central Time Zone
In a typical week in this role, you may:
- Write long-form content that stands out (articles, product marketing information, whitepapers, ebooks/guides, case studies, etc.)
- Work with strategists and clients to determine compelling content topics
- Collaborate with designers and others to repurpose and promote content through a variety of media and channels
- Edit, proofread, and improve other writers’ content
- Publish content using tools such as HubSpot and WordPress
- Review content performance metrics to draw conclusions and optimize content
Compensation, Benefits, Perks
- Typical salary range: $70,000-$80,000/year depending on experience
- Unlimited PTO
- 5 paid holidays + paid shutdown from December 24th through January 1st
- Paid parental leave
- Profit-sharing bonus program
- Health insurance stipend options
- Monthly coaching with agency leadership to focus on development conversations of your choice
- Continuous learning opportunities through internal and external training, workshops, and conferences
- Fully remote team with flexible working schedules
We Love Diversity
We strongly believe that any qualified candidate willing to treat others with respect should feel welcome on the Simple Strat team. Not only is welcoming diversity the right thing to do, our goal of creating stand-out content demands a diverse set of perspectives.
We do not discriminate based on race, ancestry, religion, gender identity, disability sexual orientation, age, parental status, political association, military history, or any other protected status.
If you have any questions before applying, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Simplifying stand-out content marketing for B2B tech companies.