Head of Marketing
CloudApp enables the workplace to be more productive, helping our 4 million users share quick videos & shareable images to get their point across. Rather than writing out a long email, or message, just capture your screen & share it as a video or image link instead.
Over 4 million users at 10s of thousands of companies like Salesforce, Uber, Adobe, Zendesk, Atlassian, Slack, Shopify, Zillow, Hubspot, SproutSocial, Outreach, and more trust CloudApp to power their modern workplace. With CloudApp, customers experienced higher customer happiness, deals closed faster, expectations communicated more clearly, and accelerated employee ramp-times.
Founded in 2015, CloudApp has raised over $15 million from top tier investors including Adobe, SAP, Kickstart, Cervin, and Bloomberg Beta.
About the job
CloudApp is looking for a strategic, analytical, and action-oriented Head of Marketing to join & lead our distributed Marketing team. The ideal candidate has 7+ years in performance marketing or Growth, 3+ years in a management role, and experience driving acquisition efforts across both paid and owned marketing channels. This individual will drive the strategy and execution of CloudApp’s acquisition efforts via SEM, SEO, paid social and other channels, and they will ensure the CloudApp consumer experience is optimized for conversion in addition to an optimal experience.
In this role, you will define and manage CloudApp’s performance marketing strategies and tactics that help CloudApp scale in new and existing markets. You will be responsible for leading a team that executes on omni-channel marketing strategies and campaigns that drive acquisition of new CloudApp users. You'll work closely with peers in our Product and Marketing teams, and cross-functionally with our Design, Engineering, and Operations teams to deliver the content and experiences that drive the core growth engine of our business. As the Head of Marketing, you’ll be responsible for all of CloudApp’s marketing activities directed at the acquisition of new CloudApp users & customers
This role will report directly to the CEO.
If you’re passionate about workplace productivity and would like to work in a fast-paced startup environment remotely from (almost) anywhere in the US, then we want you!
What Success Looks Like
- You set the vision for the short and long term CloudApp marketing roadmap and prioritize projects, tasks, and opportunities based on data and potential business impact
- Oversee planning, budgeting, and execution for all growth marketing efforts
- Own the daily metrics, performance, and strategy for new customer acquisition
- Collaborate closely with Product and Engineering counterparts to rapidly run and analyze experiments, A/B experiments across areas like paid landing pages, optimization and CRM lifecycle flows that drive improved conversion rate in support of acquisition
- You build and grow a team of best-in-class marketers across growth marketing, communications, and content.
- You partner with Operations and Analytics to identify, understand, and acquire new CloudApp users
- You inspire your audience towards action with clear value propositions and creative
- You create data-driven frameworks and systems to define and communicate priorities
- You define success metrics, analyze performance, experiment, and iterate quickly
- You are scrappy and maintain a strong bias towards action.
- You do what it takes to go from 0 to 100.
- Run down new, innovative growth tactics including affiliate, offline, partnerships, referral and more in search of scalable sources of growth
What Sets You Up For Success
- Bias towards analytics and measurement, and extensive experience with having your work measured against or towards revenue-related goals
- Proven experience managing a digital marketing team
- Expertise managing multiple online paid channels (Facebook, Google, YouTube, affiliates)
- Ability to serve as a player/coach: can both manage cross-functional partners and also execute strategies based on need
- Excellent managerial and mentoring skills, with an ability to coach and develop more junior talent and bring out the best in others
- Comfort and ease working with finance teams to align on budgets, financial targets and the measurement of key financial performance metrics (i.e., CAC and LTV)
- Experience finding new audiences to expand potential user base
- Expert using marketing operations tools (Google Tag Manager, etc) and knows how to set up new channel attribution from scratch
- Keen understanding of top and bottom-line marketing metrics that will be used to report to key stakeholders
- Excellent web analytics skills (Amplitude, Google Analytics, SQL, etc.) and a passion for data
- You are comfortable crafting and interpreting in-depth analytics reports autonomously, and you spot opportunities that simplify decision-making even with large data sets
- Experience working with engineering teams to craft and analyze end-to-end user journeys, understanding how marketing functions within the customer funnel and love working with product and technology teams to make journey improvements
- Experience presenting complex content to internal groups
- Outstanding project management and organizational skills that enable you to prioritize and manage marketing tasks effectively
- Experience working with finance or operations teams to create marketing budgets, and forecasts
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Comfort working in fast-paced and dynamic startup environment
- Comfort collaborating with a distributed team
- Passion for our mission
About our Work Environment
We have all the usual perks and benefits but what we can really offer you is a fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K program to help you invest in your future
- Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life balance
- Paid parental leave to support you and your family
- Location: Remote or Draper, UT
To help us get a better understanding of you and to stick out in the crowd of applicants, please feel free to submit an optional intro video of yourself at https://recorder.getcloudapp.com/.
CloudApp is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Work at the speed of sight.