B2B Tech Account Manager and Strategist
This is a client management and editorial role that requires direct contact with clients. This is not a sales professional role. In addition to content marketing experience and superb writing skills, successful candidates must be able to manage client accounts and content workflows with a very high attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple priorities at once. They must have excellent people skills and the ability to read between the lines.
Megawatt is a boutique content marketing agency that believes in the power of quality writing to influence decision makers. We help businesses — especially B2B software companies — grow by creating high-quality content their audiences genuinely want to read.
We build complete content marketing campaigns that are aligned to specific parts of the marketing and sales funnel to help our clients achieve their growth goals. We often write for developer, security, technical, and C-Level audiences. The goal is always to produce helpful, insightful content that makes their lives and jobs easier.
This role reports to the leadership team at Megawatt, including the CEO and VP of Account Management.
You’re a fit for the Client Account Manager role if:
- You're interested in content marketing as a career
- You have experience editing content marketing materials, like blog posts, guides, white papers and ebooks, as well as short-form content -- with an eye for both structure and content and details like spelling and grammar
- You're highly organized, detail-oriented and independently motivated
- You love working directly with customers and/or stakeholders and have polish and professionalism down to a science
- You're able to describe or create a content strategy for a given audience
- You continually seek to improve your editing and strategic skills by researching and learning about best practices and updated thinking in the field of marketing
- You have knowledge of, or direct experience with, on-page SEO (i.e. ability to optimize content for search engines)
- You understand distribution channels for content, including search engines, social media, and email
- You have experience with content marketing for B2B, SaaS companies, (cyber)security, startups, enterprise software, and/or developer/DevOps/IT tools
- You are interested in joining a growing remote agency on the ground floor
- Have strong writing and editing skills
- Have strong team leadership skills
- Have a track record of successful people and project management
- Have strong organizational skills
- Be fluent in: GSuite, Slack, project management software (e.g. Monday, Basecamp, Trello, Asana), Zoom, etc. and able to pick up new technologies quickly and with minimal assistance
Megawatt Content Marketing is a fast-growing content agency on a path to become the premiere global B2B tech content agency. We partner with our clients and fuel their growth by strategizing and executing exceptional content for the entire marketing (and sales) funnel.
We are a fully remote organization with team members and clients all over the U.S. and the world. Our clients include some of the most cutting-edge tech startups and companies in the world. They’re responsible for major achievements like pushing the boundaries of AI and powering up field hospitals overnight for pandemic response.
At Megawatt, we have built an eclectic team of talented writers and editors, creative strategists, ex-software developers, client delight experts, and more. We live in Boston, MA; Denver, CO; on the beaches of Florida and Hawaii and Maine; in Nashville, TN; and just about everywhere in between. We have clients in London, Lisbon, Silicon Valley, and Austin, TX. We are moms and dads, dog lovers, runners, cooks, and writers.
What do we all have in common? We nerd out about two things: words and technology. We’re growing really fast, and we’re looking for people who want to do the same—grow with us, learn with us, laugh with us. We work to live, not live to work—but we’re proud of the quality of what we produce and the results we help our clients achieve.
Culture and Benefits
We hire team players with demonstrated learning agility. Megawatt offers a unique remote work culture that supports our team members’ growth through dedicated coaching and feedback, helping us be better people and realize our full potential as professionals. This benefits not only our employees but our clients as well. We value humble leadership, virtual high fives, and a can-do attitude.
- Competitive pay
- Healthcare reimbursements
- 401k with match
- Bonuses for client retention, upsell, and new business
- Unlimited Paid vacation days
- Paid sick time
- Work from anywhere you like
- Flexible scheduling and communication
- Learning opportunities like internal workshops, talks, and attending conferences
- Customized career growth and goals set and tracked quarterly
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Bright ideas, brilliant execution