Director of Content Marketing
Crayon is looking for a proven Director of Content Marketing to own the strategic vision and execution of Crayon’s evolving content marketing strategy. This person will lead an internal and external team of writers, creators, and media strategists, to develop a top-notch multi-channel, multi-format content strategy that builds our company brand, engages new and existing customers, and drives SEO growth and conversion. They will lead and inspire innovative and bold content programs and elevate creative thinking across the content marketing team while continuously identifying trends and opportunities to amplify the Crayon brand.
At Crayon we are already leading the emerging category of Competitive Intelligence software and with this newly created role we are looking to cement and extend that leadership. This role will report into the Chief Marketing Officer.
The ideal candidate is a communications and content marketing professional with a strong writing background, excellent story-telling skills, and extensive experience developing content within B2B Marketing organizations.
A little about the role:
- Lead Crayon’s content strategy, defining the content team’s objectives and goals within the larger marketing organization and business. You will craft and own the team’s roadmap and budget to meet objectives and maximize effectiveness against key success metrics.
- Walk in the shoes of our target personas – Fully immersed in their worlds and understanding their pain points and opportunities and the technical aspects of competitive intelligence programs ensuring that the content we develop has the greatest impact and resonance with our priority audiences, and elevates us as thought leaders.
- Drive creative thinking - Blend effectiveness and creativity in order to create best-in-class content that incites engagement and grows our audiences. Act as a creative champion for new, interesting content ideas.
- Partner with our demand gen, product marketing, recruiting, support & sales teams to make sure our content is cohesive, inspiring, and delivered consistently in every touchpoint.
- Ensure content development aligns with funnel-building objectives for target segments.
- Leverage data, reporting and analytical insights to set goals, test, measure success, and continually refine our content mix and strategy toward better outcomes.
A little about you:
- 10+ years of creative content experience and building and managing a strong team of content creators; preferably in the technology industry and/or SaaS with 5+ years of direct leadership experience.
- A strong portfolio and a proven track record of delivering high-quality content at scale in a B2B marketing environment.
- The ability to define and execute global communications and editorial plans that map to brand, customer engagement, growth, retention, and account-based strategies.
- Cross-functional leadership with proven experience in communicating content performance, SEO impact, audience growth, and engagement KPIs to a broad range of stakeholders.
- World-class writing and editing skills and a passion for creating high-performing content.
- Proven experience mapping SEO initiatives to company growth imperatives.
- Fantastic problem-solving abilities, critical thinking, agility, and attention to detail.
- Passion for the market and category that Crayon is building and a desire to discover, report and influence trends in the market and competitive intelligence space.
- Experience with Google Analytics and HubSpot and similar programs.
A little about us and our benefits:
This role offers a compensation structure that includes a base salary, equity, medical, dental, vision, 401k, generous paid parental leave, take-what-you-need paid time off, and an inclusive culture. Learn more about Crayon’s benefits.
Crayon is committed to building a workplace that welcomes and encourages diverse perspectives, because we know that the most successful teams are diverse teams. We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.
Founded in 2015, Crayon is the established leader in the competitive intelligence software space. Using AI and machine learning, Crayon provides enterprise and mid-sized businesses with a complete, real-time picture of what their competitors are up to—delivering valuable insights to key departments in a range of accessible formats. So they can quickly see and seize opportunities, and build a sustainable business advantage.
Your application has been successfully submitted.