Content Marketing Manager - Audience Growth
Zapier is looking for a strategic, data-driven and collaborative content marketer to join our growing Content and Communications Team as a team lead. Zapier’s on a mission to make everyone more productive at work. Zapier has helped millions of people build businesses through the power of automation.
The Zapier Blog covers small business, automation, productivity, and technology topics and receives more than 2 million pageviews each month from more than 1.5 million unique visitors. There is no sales team at Zapier, which means content is essential to growing revenue through self-service channels, and this role will be instrumental in taking Zapier’s growth to the next level.
The Manager, Content Marketing - Audience Growth is a new role within Zapier’s Content team. We’re looking for an experienced content marketer and team manager to lead a team of writers and editors. You'll help propel our content strategy by creating content that introduces people to Zapier and the world of automation. You will focus on driving qualified traffic by leading the creation of targeted role- and industry-focused content with an emphasis on content performance analysis, research, and optimizations to maximize the success of our content and distribution.
If you’re interested in advancing your career at a fast-growing, profitable, impact-driven company, then read on…
- You have 7+ years of content marketing experience, ideally in the technology industry. You know what high-quality content looks like, and have worked with internal and external writers and creators. You’ve owned the content creation process, have a point of view on content direction, and are comfortable collaborating with stakeholders for content assets such as blog posts, ebooks, reports, tutorials, infographics, and more.
- You have 3+ years of experience leading a team of content editors and writers. You have a track record of recruiting, hiring, and developing high-performance content teams. You can set, manage, and meet deadlines and establish priorities within your team and with collaborating teams.
- You’re a proven content marketer. The ideal candidate has significant experience leading content marketing, distribution planning, and on-site optimizations, including managing a content calendar and driving content experiments.
- You’re no stranger to SEO and SEM. You’re curious, experiment-driven, and love to propose and test new ideas to see what works. You’ll work closely with our SEO team to identify content and keyword opportunities that will drive qualified organic traffic and grow our organic search visibility among new personas.
- You embrace an experimentation mindset. This person enjoys educating and mentoring other marketers in their areas of expertise and seeing their recommendations have an immediate impact on content performance. They’re motivated to explore and identify creative ways to grow Zapier’s reach.
- You rely on data to drive decisions and measure impact. We’re looking for someone with a strong grasp of content performance metrics, as well as familiarity with distribution channels across organic, email, paid media, and more. You use data to analyze and report on the effectiveness of top-of-funnel content, including traffic, engagement, and conversions.
Things You’ll Do
- Manage and develop a team of editors and writers to help scale Zapier’s marketing reach and engagement
- Guide and edit marketing content across a variety of formats, including blog content, email newsletters, landing pages, web copy, ebooks, webinars, thought leadership, and video scripts
- Lead processes for content marketing production, including project management and assignments, brainstorming creative campaign tactics, and encouraging a continuous stream of creation, testing and learning.
- Partner with other teams such as Brand, Communications, Social Media, Community, Marketing Programs, Partnerships, Advertising, and Email to discuss content opportunities and optimize our distribution strategy.
- Measure and track content performance and develop regular practices for sharing performance insights and best practices with the Content Team and partners
- Research and write content briefs for articles that are informed by categorical trends and keyword research, establishing a process to optimize articles for search visibility and volume.
- Work with the SEO team to provide data-driven recommendations for content optimization and creation to improve conversion, address keyword gaps and seize new opportunities
- Conduct content audits alongside other content team leads and marketing partners to fill gaps and support marketing campaigns
- Build a strong bench of freelancers to support our ambitious content marketing plans
- Leverage our data analytics team and other user feedback to make insights-driven decisions about current and future approaches that will best serve to address our audience pain points.
The Whole Package
Our flexible, distributed environment lets us work with the best people from around the world. Zapiens live in 40+ countries, including the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! Zapier offers:
- Healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit-sharing program for 100% of Zapiens
- $2,000 annual learning stipend for use on courses, conferences, and more—your choice
- Two annual all-company retreats
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Customized Zapiversary rewards on your 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10 year work anniversaries
- Leading-edge equipment. We set you up with an Apple laptop and provide an additional budget for you to choose other home office accessories and software you may need.
- Time to renew. We encourage Zapiens to take at least 2 weeks off each year. Most of us take 4-5 weeks, in addition to locally recognized holidays.
- Opportunity to work with Zapier’s amazing partners network
*While we take care of Zapiens around the world the best we can, healthcare and retirement plans are currently available specifically in the UK, Canada, and United States.
How To Apply
We have a non-standard application process designed to promote inclusion and equity. We first ask a few questions in our application form that would typically be asked at the start of an initial interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Please be sure to answer each question; the resume and CV fields are optional. After you apply, you are going to hear back from us—even if we don’t see an immediate fit with our team. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us. Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people, and do not discriminate based on race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, age, or any other status protected by local law. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base. Zapier is is committed to inclusion. As part of this commitment, Zapier will ensure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.