Technical Content Marketing Manager
Animalz is a content marketing agency that strives to create the best content on the web. We help companies grow by creating high quality, long-form pieces that their audience loves.
We’re a fully remote organization with team members scattered around the world. We have an eclectic team of marketers, scientists, journalists, operations folks, and more.
About this role:
Our Technical Content Marketing Managers (or technical CMs, as you'll probably hear them called) are the backbone of the work we do for a specific group of Animalz customers. While working closely with a Content Strategist and Editor, technical CMs write approximately two pieces per week, proactively manage their customer relationships, and work to level up their knowledge of technical subject matter and customer products.
This role blends technical knowledge and experience with best-in-class writing for customers. Successful candidates should be able to learn new topics quickly and be comfortable asking questions to better their understanding of technical subject matter, including software development, programming languages, user experience (UX), and open source software (OSS).
Ideal Content Marketing Managers have experience writing highly technical long-form (~1,500 word) content and managing customer accounts. The length and depth of your experience can vary, and our team works closely with technical CMs to grow their skills in these areas - plus content strategy - long-term.
We're looking for folks with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences for this role. We have former freelancers, journalists, strategists, marketing generalists, and more at Animalz. We encourage everyone who's interested to submit an application, and we'll be in touch if we think there's a potential fit.
This role reports to a Content Strategist, and will also work closely with an Editor. The salary range for this role is between $50-85,000 USD yearly (plus benefits as listed below), dependent on experience.
We'd like to hear from you if:
- You have 1-2 years of experience with software development or developer advocacy/relations
- You're interested in content marketing as a career
- You have experience writing long-form technical content (1,500 words or more), including tutorials, software documentation, and/or blog posts
- You understand how developers think and talk, and can translate that into accurate, compelling, engaging content for a variety of audiences
- You participate in the development community, e.g. you contribute to open source projects, comment on discussions in groups, and/or write content for other websites
- You're able to work with and write about widely used programming languages, infrastructure technologies, and software tools
- You're well-organized and independently motivated
- You have excellent time management skills
- You love working directly with customers and/or stakeholders
- You have experience interviewing subject matter experts, and using their quotes or expertise as a resource for your content
- You want to improve your writing by working closely with an editor
- You have knowledge of, or direct experience with, on-page SEO
About our benefits:
- Work from anywhere you like
- Flexible scheduling and communication
- For US-based team members: health insurance (80% company paid) plus dental and vision insurance (99% company paid)
- 25 paid vacation days per year
- Unlimited sick time
- Unlimited personal time
- Paid parental leave
- Monthly wellness and lunch stipends
- Learning opportunities like internal workshops, talks, and attending conferences
- Customized career growth and goals set and tracked monthly
Our stance on diversity:
Animalz recognizes that the best content in the world can't be created without input from a wide variety of perspectives and experiences. As such, we are committed to diversity and equal opportunities for all candidates and employees.
We do not discriminate in candidate screenings, interviews, or employment on the basis of factors including race, ancestry, religion, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, age, parental status, political association, military history, or any other status protected by law.
If you have further questions or need assistance during the application process:
Please reach out to email@example.com and we'll be happy to help. Thanks so much!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The world’s best content marketing happens here.