Senior SEO & Content Manager
At this time, we only accept applications from the U.S..
Here's What a Senior SEO & Content Manager Does:
“When it comes to content and content marketing, you probably want to err on the side of making things SUPER amazing, not MVP.”
-- The OG SEO, Rand Fishkin
Your mission will be to drive inbound opportunities and grow Balto’s visibility through organic search. At first, you'll double as the SEO writer and transition into a leadership position as you build out the team.
So what does it take to fulfill this crucial role?
We're looking for an experienced SEO who is passionate about creating content that’s educational and drives business results through organic search. You might be an excellent fit for the role if you’re a strong writer with a proven track record of growing organic traffic.
What kind of responsibilities might you take on?
- Setting organic search goals, tracking and reporting performance.
- Identifying relevant keywords with decent search volume that Balto can compete on.
- Writing 1-2 pieces of high-quality content per week, depending on complexity.
- Consistently building backlinks by working with Balto’s partners and pitching content to relevant sites.
- Making sure technical SEO is in good shape to enable growth.
- In the future, working with Balto’s growing writing team to scale content creation and editing content.
Skills & Requirements
- Strong track record of growing bottom lines with quality SEO content. Bonus points for SaaS experience
- Experience writing long-form content (1,500 words or more)
- You know SEO tools like Ahrefs, Search Console, GA, etc. like the back of your hand
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
We have plenty of benefits. Baltonians rave about these the most.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance to make quality healthcare affordable.
- Life insurance to protect your loved ones in the worst-case scenario.
- 401k to save for your retirement.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off and holidays, including five days of Civic Engagement PTO, to give you the flexibility to make relaxation, family, and community priorities.
- Generous stock options, so you can be a meaningful owner of the company as it grows.
- A quarterly professional development of stipend of $1,000 to inspire continuous professional growth. You can use it for nearly anything that makes you a better version of yourself - from chess lessons to college courses (this one is definitely a crowd-favorite).
A Little Bit About Us:
Balto was founded to redefine how humans and machines work together to optimize human communication, and we’re just scratching the surface. So If you're excited by the opportunity to join a dynamic team initiating a technological revolution in Real-Time Guidance, Balto is for you.
More than just a company, Balto is a community. A community committed to empowering each of our members and serving our community. This mission is at the heart of our organization. As a Senior Content Marketing Manager you will be contributing to this mission by bolstering our inbound opportunities through strong and innovative SEO strategies and the use of creative content and marketing campaigns.
Balto's Real-Time Guidance understands phone conversations and tells people what to say, live in their conversations. In 2018, Balto guided fewer than 1 million conversations; today, Balto has guided over 50 million conversations (we celebrated with cake). By the end of this year, Balto will guide over 200M conversations.
Real-time Guidance is a brand new product category, and Balto is leading the pack. We’re making sure that humans understand each other - the opportunities are endless.
Balto's customers, including name-brand retailers and Fortune 500s, use Balto's real-time guidance technology to scale "perfect" to thousands of sales and service agents with the push of a button and get immediate insight into what's working on their phone calls and what's not.
But enough about us, let’s talk about you!
Start with gratitude: Stay humble, recognize others, and make the most of everything.
Always be growing: Never stop learning. Be a force of growth for yourself and others.
Leadership is Ownership: See the problem. Do the solution. Own the result.
We have all kinds of people, including musicians, chefs, painters, gear heads, gardeners, philosophers, gamers, movie buffs, woodworkers, and polo players. And at least one aspiring hockey player...we’ll see.
Baltonians say things like:
- “Coming together as a team to build something innovative and unique.”
- “Contagious energy that keeps me motivated all day.”
- “I L-O-V-E it at Balto since day one! They know how to have fun while getting the work done.”
Is Balto named after that Cartoon Dog?
Well, kind of - that cartoon dog was actually named after a real dog. Balto successfully guided his pack through a harrowing journey across Nome, Alaska, in 1925 to deliver medicine to the ice-locked town. We liked the metaphor: our technology guides people to be successful throughout their conversations, scouting ahead and providing helpful support. Like in 1925, a human is still in charge, but humans (and dogs) are always better off with a companion.
Fun Fact: After his journey, Balto was recognized as a hero with a commemorative statue in Central Park. We’ve visited, and he looked like this.
Balto is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual preference, age, and veteran or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Building the Best SaaS Marketing Team feat. Refine Labs