Senior Content Strategist & Writer
The Stoke Group is looking for a Senior Content Strategist & Writer to join our editorial team to develop high-impact marketing content and campaigns for our global clients. The ideal candidate will be passionate about great storytelling in any medium.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Position yourself as a strategic partner to our clients. Understand their business goals, the customers they’re trying to reach, and the problems those customers are trying to solve. Become an expert on each client’s brand, tone, and voice.
- Develop campaign concepts, as well as ideas for individual content assets.
- Write insightful, well-organized, and tightly focused briefs that will guide Stoke’s editorial and design teams as they develop articles, eBooks, videos, webinars, podcasts, websites, interactive experiences, promotional assets, and more.
- Write articles, eBooks, video scripts, and other content assets.
- As needed, supervise the work of freelance writers. Review drafts and provide feedback that ensures our writers always meet or exceed the client’s expectations.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- 7-10 years of experience in communications, marketing, or a related field.
- Strong interviewing, writing, and editing skills.
- The ability to look at a draft or rough cut and see what’s working and what’s not working — from both a storytelling perspective and a marketing perspective.
- The ability to both think strategically and pay attention to details.
- Intellectual curiosity, a problem-solving mindset, and a team-oriented work ethic.
- Master’s degree in journalism, creative writing, strategic communications, or a related field.
- Experience working in a client service model, either in an agency setting, as part of an in-house creative services team, or as a freelancer.
- Familiarity with SEO principles and tactics.
- B2B marketing and/or tech industry experience.
About the Stoke Group:
The Stoke Group is a digital marketing and content creation agency based in Utah’s Silicon Slopes technology corridor. Our clients have included Adobe, Pearson, Coursera, VMware, and Johnson & Johnson. We’re an agile, client-first agency built for the new world of digital experience. We’ve operated as a fully virtual workplace since 2019 and have team members in locations from California to New York. Stoke brings together content strategy and development, creative design, and performance analytics to deliver outstanding digital experiences — and optimize every success.
Stefanie Condie, Chief Content Strategist, email@example.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.