Content Marketing Manager
Lexer is the Customer Data Platform of choice for retail and consumer brands like Rip Curl, Supergoop!, Igloo and Sur La Table. With offices in Melbourne, Sydney, and Los Angeles, we have enjoyed significant growth over the past 3 years. Backed by Blackbird Ventures and King River Capital we have recently closed our Series B funding and have plans to double our team over the next 12 months.
We’re looking for a creative, thoughtful, and energetic Content Marketing Manager to join our growing marketing team.
You’ll be responsible for the development and implementation of our team’s content strategy. This includes building a content calendar, creating a writing process and delivery strategy, managing writers, editing content, contributing to social media and blog posts, and ultimately, crafting interesting and well-researched content to establish Lexer as the leading and trusted Customer Data Platform for retail brands.
As part of Lexer’s Communications function, you’ll work primarily with the Brand, Product Marketing, & Demand Generation functions to maintain a consistent and compelling brand voice across various marketing channels, including organic search, email, social, paid advertising, partner sites, review sites, and more.
You’ll report to the VP, Marketing to align content marketing strategies with high-level marketing goals and business objectives, playing a critical role in our overall marketing strategy.
You’re a good fit if:
- You’re truly passionate about writing, marketing, retail, and technology.
- You’re curious, creative, and open-minded.
- You understand how to find, use, and present data as a practical foundation for your ideas.
- You can bridge business goals and audience needs to create content that is both effective and engaging.
- You’re an active listener with a growth mindset, able to receive and respond to constructive feedback with grace.
Essential duties may include:
First 30 days and ongoing:
- Complete the formal onboarding process & training.
- Learn Lexer’s positioning and messaging, products and services, global competitors, and ideal customer profile (ICP).
- Establish relationships with other Marketing, Sales, and Success team members.
- Familiarize yourself with our core technologies and processes, including Lexer, Asana, Wordpress, SEMRush, Demandwell, The Juice, and Hubspot.
- Immerse yourself in planned, current, and past content marketing history.
By 3 months and ongoing:
- Begin researching, writing, editing, and distributing content across marketing channels.
- Perform an in-depth audit of current content, SEO, the competitive landscape, and the customer journey.
- Identify opportunities to improve under-performing content, as well as opportunities to repackage and repurpose top-performing content to stretch its impact.
- Interview current customers and internal stakeholders (Sales, Success, Leadership) to learn more about their needs, goals, and challenges.
- Meet with the Product team to deeply familiarize yourself with Lexer’s platform and its use cases for retail.
By 6 months and ongoing:
- Develop a long-term content roadmap that spans content types and distribution channels.
- Lead a quarterly content strategy meeting to communicate your content roadmap and plan for execution to internal stakeholders.
- Organize an editorial calendar and ensure deadlines are met.
- Partner with the Success team to develop case studies and customer stories.
- Monitor content KPIs and metrics to understand content performance and identify opportunities for improvement.
By 12 months and ongoing:
- Generate creative content ideas and strategic initiatives to build a highly engaged community of friends, fans, and followers.
- Use ongoing market research and a passion for storytelling to envision new content formats, angles and trends.
- Develop strategies to scale content creation and distribution while maintaining quality.
- Build relationships with partners, customers, and thought leaders in the CDP space to organize co-marketing initiatives.
- Establish a focused internal marketing strategy to encourage content collaboration and engagement from Lexer employees.
Essential skills and experience required:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, English, or Journalism preferred.
- A strong portfolio that showcases your published work (blogs, landing pages, whitepapers, etc).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as some understanding of visual storytelling for projects involving design or video.
- Experience distilling complex concepts into accessible and persuasive content for a B2B/SaaS audience.
- Experience covering retail, eCommerce, and related topics preferred.
- Candidates on the West Coast (Pacific Time) preferred.
Please apply by emailing email@example.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Know your customer.