Head of Content Marketing
Content Harmony is making it 10 times easier for content marketers and writers to conduct content research, produce creative briefs, and optimize their content. We need your help spreading the word.
We have an established brand, customer base, and website, but since we launched our software publicly in summer 2020, we've neglected our marketing efforts while we focused on the product and early customer success.
Now it's time for us to focus on rebuilding our marketing foundations and building up new marketing programs from there.
Your focus will be taking over our current marketing efforts. We're listing this role as a Head of Content Marketing because we want a content marketer who truly understands our audience, and we expect that content efforts will make up 60-90% of your work. But - we have plenty of non-content projects that we'd love to work on as well. If you're a content marketer who wants to grow outside of content and into SaaS marketing, you'll love this role.
This role is fully remote, we just need you to have a few work hours overlap with Seattle.
What You Will Be Doing:
This role has a lot of flexibility for you to establish goals, editorial direction, promotion mix, and more.
Here’s how we expect your time will be split up:
- 40+% – Building – We're a small team and the number one requirement is we need someone who likes creating stuff. Writing content, writing emails, producing podcast/video programs - those will be the bread and butter of our content program. We care less about the format and more about creating work that your fellow content marketers will love.
- 40+% – Promotion Work – We've done a poor job of spreading the word about Content Harmony to our own email list, much less the broader market. We need help building and maintaining our email marketing efforts, and other promotion work like assisting with ad campaigns and messaging for search/social/retargeting, etc. It would also help if you're already active in the content marketing community in places like Twitter, Slack groups, etc. Want to be a guest on podcasts? Awesome. Webinars? You got it.
- 10-20% – Strategy – Brainstorming and putting together program strategy with our Founder Kane will take up a decent portion of time. While this role requires someone who knows how to do the work - we don't want to just give you a list of instructions. We want a team member who can take ideas and make it them happen.
- At least 3 years of marketing experience required - you'll be marketing to marketers and we need someone who understands the challenges that marketers face.
- Previous experience with SEO & content marketing programs.
- Broad marketing experience - you've probably used a lot of website CMSs, a lot of email marketing platforms, a lot of social media platforms - you get the idea.
- Beyond experience, we just want someone who loves content marketing and has strong opinions about the industry and the work.
- Flexibility – While we have a prioritized roadmap, it can shift quickly. We generally have a good idea of what the next 2-4 weeks need to look like, but we try not to map out too far in the future. No need to build a year-long editorial calendar when you get here.
- Organization – Candidate needs the ability to stay on top of multiple projects at once and still get things done.
- Ability to move projects forward without getting stuck – A 90% quality project that is finished is more valuable to us than a 100% perfect project that hasn't been released.
- Bonus Skills: You're probably a decent writer, but if you enjoy things like graphic design, video or podcast production, photography, et cetera, we'd love to hear about it. These aren't required, we can always pull in freelance support for those types of things.
About The Position:
- This is a fully remote position – our current team spans North America, South America, Asia, etc, and our customers are located around the world. You can be located anywhere, however, we need a candidate with like-native English skillset and decent overlap with US workday hours.
- In the application please let us know your salary requirements. Expected salary range is $60-80k depending on experience, plus some form of profit-sharing in the future as we grow. If you're a great match for the role but your salary requirements are a bit higher, please feel free to reach out anyways. The role is full-time with health benefits, PTO, etc.
- Title is flexible - something along the lines of Content Marketing Manager, Content Marketing Director, Marketing Manager, or Growth Marketing Manager could all be appropriate depending on which direction you think you can take the role.
- Flexible work environment & great work/life balance. We have families and hobbies and are not here to build a rocket ship company. We don’t want to pull overnighters, either.
- Please use the word spaceship somewhere in your application email so we can filter out applicants with poor attention to detail.
To apply, please fill out the form on our website and tell us why you’re interested in the role.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Enlightened Content Marketing