Content Marketing Strategist
Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their online courses. Following our successful IPO, we’re still growing quickly and adding to our team of 400+ Thinkers while building one of the Best Workplaces in Canada! Each day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering over 50,000 course creators and their students. Join us to innovate on a best-in-class learning platform and make a real impact with your work!
Are you a natural storyteller who understands the power of a strong content marketing campaign? Do you get excited at the thought of sharing inspiring and impactful stories with the world? You don’t just create great content, you do it strategically to meet specific metrics and goals. You’re looking for a big challenge that holds big opportunities—and you’ll find that at Thinkific!
Working as a Content Marketing Strategist, you’ll build content marketing strategies and create content that drives awareness of the Thinkific brand and acquires new customers. You specialize in creating content strategies that attract and convert new customers, and love rolling up your sleeves to build high-converting content. You’ll be responsible for shaping the content marketing strategy, as well as creating content that drives organic search and conversion across blogs, videos, case studies, social media, and landing pages. You don’t just craft compelling content—you’ll build a strategy for promotion to maximize its reach, too.
In this role, you will:
- Craft organic evergreen content marketing funnels to attract and convert new customers.
- Create plans to build great content that maximizes reach and impact, identifying ways to optimize conversion.
- Identify topic ideas and craft scripts for videos to grow our YouTube channel, working with our video team
- Conduct customer research to identify customer insights, to inform content planning
- Build and execute a content syndication and promotion strategy to maximize reach
- Create case studies, ebooks, video scripts, webinars, whitepapers, newsletters and similar content that can be either new or repurposed from existing material.
- Write, edit, and publish original content supporting our demand and lead generation efforts
- Work closely with the SEO Content lead to optimize our organic search program
- Foster an open, collaborative, and inclusive environment for the marketing team
- Build content for varying personas and audiences (including different verticals within the SMB space and mid-market organizations)
- Wear your conversion optimization hat to test and optimize landing page copy, design and CTA impact
To be successful in this role, you likely:
- Possess 4+ years as a content marketer and are now looking to take your career to the next level
- Have experience crafting content for written materials, videos, infographics, landing pages, and web copy
- Are a persuasive storyteller that has successfully helped establish a company's written voice & thought leadership content (bonus points if it was for SaaS)
- You are an impeccable writer and editor, with skills in providing constructive feedback to other writers
- Know how to write irresistible headlines for blogs, social media, landing pages, and emails
- Understand and relate to different user personas and able to craft compelling content that speaks to the core motivating drivers of these audiences
- Jump easily between different personas and juggle varying content pieces.
- Have experience creating and executing content campaigns, online events, and other non-PPC digital campaigns
- You’re not only creative but have a proven ability to build content that converts and inspires
- You’re strategic in your content - connecting your customer-focus with your marketing and growth acumen
- Do great work and thrive in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment (with experience to prove it)
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely had some post-secondary education or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role, and you continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills
- Are passionate about creating inspiring and helpful content to help readers succeed
- Can put yourself in the shoes of your audience and internal stakeholders to anticipate their needs—you’re empathetic to your core
- Have past wins you’re proud of, generating a large number of consistent, relevant leads from content marketing
- Get excited about digital marketing and business growth. We're building our own company by helping thousands of entrepreneurs around the globe build theirs—it doesn’t get more rewarding than this!
- Plan optimization and growth experiments in your sleep. Terms like CTR, LTV, Open Rates, Analytics, A/B Testing and Acquisition Funnels are also regular parts of your vocabulary.
- Constantly think outside the box, coming up with creative ways to dominate and reignite channels and connections (rapid growth is the name of the game!)
Bonus points if you:
- Previously worked at a SaaS company during a high growth stage
- Scaled a content program resulting in significant revenue impact
- Have already created your own online course (extra points if you’ve used Thinkific)! If you’ve created your own online course, you already know exactly how our customers think (and how we can find more of them)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
All-in-one platform to help you easily create, market & sell your own online courses.