📺 Editorial Director (w/ video Q&A)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
A little about us
Oyster is on a mission to create a more equal world by making it possible for companies everywhere to hire people anywhere.
In 2021, we have grown rapidly, raising over $70 million in both Series A and Series B rounds and increasing our team size by nearly 10x. And we’re just getting started. As a fully distributed startup, we’ve built an incredibly strong leadership team and employee base across 47 countries (and counting!). We embrace asynchronous communication and collaborative work. We live on our platform, and we’re passionate about improving our product every day.
Hiring people internationally is complicated – engineering, legal, finance, operations, and HR processes all interact to make it happen. We’d like to find people who think this is as interesting a challenge as we do.
We're an inclusive and diverse workplace, and welcome applicants from marginalized groups – the world over.
The Role 👩💻
What you'll be doing...
We're looking for an ambitious, creative writer-editor-marketer dynamo to lead Oyster’s content strategy and to further establish Oyster as an iconic brand to both employers and the global workforce.
We believe deeply in developing best-in-class content to serve our customers and to move, inspire, and educate our audience in the new world of work. We’ve built a unique portfolio of content assets and distribution channels and are cultivating vibrant communities of HR leaders and remote workers across the globe to help us meet our mission impact and business goals.
As we continue at our rapid scale, we are eager to bring on board a content maestro with a specific flair for designing editorial content that is innovative, human-centric, and impactful: both for the education and edification of our audience and for the health of our business. We get excited at the prospect of storytelling across multiple formats, connecting with a global audience, and winning hearts and minds.
There is no place like Oyster: we are one of the fastest-growing tech startups in history with a social impact mission that drives all the work that we do. If you’re energized by creative content opportunities at a global scale (and working with an infectiously kind-hearted team), we’d love to hear from you.
The role will be part of our Marketing team and will report to our Head of Marketing, Kevan Lee.
What you'll be doing...
- Drive the content marketing strategy for Oyster, developing streams for both HR leaders and the global workforce
- Manage and mentor a team of 5-7 content marketing superstars across a variety of skillsets
- Expand Oyster’s presence in the market through exceptional multi-format content across blog posts, podcast, ebooks, video, thought leadership, long-form, and original new ideas (whatever you think will get us to our goals)
- Own awareness, acquisition, and engagement metrics are driven by content and manage Oyster’s content pipeline to achieve growth objectives
- Play a key role in category creation, helping to define our new category
- Ensure a high-quality bar for all content that gets produced
- Work with remote ops, people ops, legal, sales, customer ops, and other internal stakeholders to support the content needs of the business
- Collaborate with colleagues in product marketing, growth marketing, brand, and amplification to create customer-centric content that excels across a variety of distribution channels
What we're looking for 📜
Skillsets that are important
- Exposure or experience with high-growth B2B SaaS businesses
- Strong perspective on B2C content marketing strategies (experience within a B2C context is a plus, but not required)
- Have grown a blog or publication to six-figure traffic each month and created a content machine that drove business outcomes
- Familiarity with multimedia content playbooks for podcasting and video
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, stakeholders, and requests across the organization
- Extraordinary writing abilities, with a knack for structured thinking, concise summarization, and dynamic tone
- Previous people management experience
- Bonus points if you’ve built a content strategy within the HR tech space
Your application has been successfully submitted.