Senior Content Marketing Manager, Product
Note: We are looking for *two* product-focused content marketers for our Global Content Marketing team, to dive into the worlds of our Plus Platform and Money products, respectively.
Shopify’s mission is to make commerce better for everyone. To deliver on that promise, the content marketing team is helping our merchants make better decisions through the content we create.
Your part in that mission will be to understand the needs of our merchants, and to create content that helps them unlock the value of Shopify’s products and services. You’ll collaborate with editors, marketing managers and subject matter experts across the organization to plan, write and publish product-focused content in the right channels for our merchants, whether it’s video scripts, long-form articles, email updates or webinars.
- Be the source of truth for merchants: You’ll act as the connector between our product marketers, demand generation teams and our content marketing programs: getting to grips with the ecosystem of Shopify products, services and partners that helps our retail merchants succeed, and then sharing your knowledge with our audience through content that educates, entertains, and inspires. You’ll set a high bar for quality and ensure a consistent voice and tone across everything you publish.
- Build a high performing content program: The purpose of our product content is to help our merchants make the most of Shopify. You’ll collaborate with writers, editors, producers, designers and marketers to support integrated global campaigns along with building an editorial content strategy that addresses the most common needs and challenges our merchants face when using our products and services, and teach prospective merchants how Shopify products can solve their problems.
- Manage the product editorial calendar: You’ll organize a clear, consistent process for getting written content scheduled, created, and updated, including commissioning content from a pool of trusted freelancers. You’ll support other team members by creating streamlined workflows for publishing written content across our channels, and collaborate with channel owners, including our blog editors, social media managers, and education team.
- 5-7 years of experience writing product-based content for a B2B audience, bonus if you have experience in the ecommerce or retail industries.
- Strong writing and editing chops, with a talent for distilling complex ideas into plain language across long-form, short form and video content.
- Confident owning the whole content strategy process including research, planning, creation and distribution.
- A knack for building streamlined processes for content marketing and knowing how to efficiently manage expectations–and your own time.
- Adept at balancing requests and feedback from multiple stakeholders, with the needs of our audience.
- Familiarity with marketing automation and CRM software (e.g. Salesforce, Marketo, etc.), workflow software (e.g Asana, Wrike), analytics software (e.g. Google Analytics, Bizible, etc.), and content management systems (e.g Contentful).
- The ability to work closely with product, marketing and data teams to determine how your work is driving results, and to use those insights to improve content performance.
- A passion for learning about your audience (our merchants) and how Shopify’s products fulfill their needs, as well as a genuine interest in the commerce space.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our 2020 Sustainability Report to learn more about Shopify's commitments.
Your application has been successfully submitted.