Content Manager, Editorial
Quietly is an award-winning, data-driven, full-service content marketing agency working across the entire lifecycle of content, from strategy to production and distribution. Quietly partners with category leaders such as Adobe, Dell Technologies, Goldman Sachs, Herschel, MEC, Sotheby’s International Realty, PwC, and Slack to understand how content drives their business. Data-driven to the core, we’re developing technology in-house, including standalone products like Quietly Insights.
Media fragmentation, changing consumer behavior, the rise of search and social, and the need to avoid commoditization are transforming the practice of marketing and communications. As a Content Manager, Editorial, at Quietly, you’ll get to lead that charge, helping some of the world’s leading brands who are eager to earn attention, instead of simply paying to interrupt.
This is a client-facing role working in collaboration with our Strategy and Client Services teams. Content Managers, Editorial provide creative content leadership to their clients and are responsible for managing all content deliverables on their accounts. You'll bring experience from creative agencies or publishing and the confidence to work on completely new types of projects; challenging long-standing assumptions, defending recommendations, and delivering high-value client work for category-leading organizations. You’re as passionate about breakthrough content as you are about editorial consistency and effectiveness—and you have no shortage of great ideas to elevate your clients’ work and help them excel in their categories. You inspire your teammates to raise the bar on every level—from brief to execution—because you fully understand this new experience economy, how and why audience expectations are transcending categories, and where the future is headed for B2C and B2B brands. You’re looking for the next big challenge, and like us, you have no small plans.
SOME OF THE THINGS YOU’LL BE GETTING UP TO
- Maintain an insightful assessment of what clients need to do to succeed and input on strategic creative content planning
- Translate the client’s business and marketing goals, as well as data points and insights, into strategic content and creative recommendations
- Ensure all content deliverables—including written editorial, designed assets, audio, and video—are of the highest standard, adhere to the the client’s brand guidelines, and match the brand’s voice and tone
- Assemble question sets and conduct interviews with subject matter experts
- Work with Business Development, Client Partners, and Content Team to define project approach and resourcing
- Manage content communications and deliverables from briefing to delivery, ensuring they remain within scope, timeline, and budget
- Demonstrate excellence, maintain professionalism, and foster a culture of collaboration, energy, and excitement on the Content Team
- Identify risks and remove obstacles enabling the Content Team to do their work efficiently and effectively
- Contribute to reviewing and implementing new processes and tools, as well as department goals as assigned
- Support Editors as required
- Work with Strategy and Client Services to conduct research, analysis, and planning
- Work with Business Development to provide input on pitches, estimates, and proposals, as requested
- Research, curate, and share industry news and content that would be valuable across teams
WHO YOU ARE
- An English language maestro; have absolute expert communication skills
- A critical thinker who is comfortable identifying content opportunities and recommendations
- Experienced in client-facing roles and/or multi-stakeholder management
- Someone with excellent interpersonal skills and a knack for diplomacy
- Highly organized and meticulous, and are able to multitask and manage competing deadlines
- Someone who thrives working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- A person who keeps your finger on the pulse of content, publishing, and marketing trends
- A technically knowledgeable person on publishing best practices, including SEO and social media
- Someone who has overseen writers, editors, designers and possibly even video producers
Our headquarters are located in an incredible converted two-storey live-work space with a gorgeous rooftop patio in the heart of historic Gastown. The building and first floor of our unit are accessible spaces. We’re also open to folks working remotely within North American time zones.
Quietly values the diversity of the people it hires and serves. Diversity and inclusion at our company means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected, and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths.
We welcome qualified candidates who face barriers to the workforce to apply. If you require support or accommodations throughout the selection process and/or while working at Quietly, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our Head of People & Culture, Parker Bailey, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out our values and if they resonate with you, we’d love to hear from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.