Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how businesses of all sizes manage, market and sell their products and services. With over 1,000,000 merchants in more than 175 countries, powered by the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
As the Content Marketer in the US West, you’ll strategize and develop content that helps our internal teams tell better stories and inspires our existing and prospective merchants to action.
You’ll conduct interviews with merchants and create blog posts, case studies, guides, press releases and other content to help drive engagement all the way through the funnel. You’ll have a keen sense of what makes a good story and collaborate with merchant-facing team members to make it come to life. You feel comfortable diving into product-related stories like case studies, while also feeling confident about tackling a long-form editorial story for the blog. You’re in it for the story, not the word count.
- Help identify merchant stories from internal teams
- Turn stories into written pieces to help the US West team achieve their acquisition and engagement targets across verticals
- Write, edit, and finalize content with stakeholders, both internal and external
- Collaborate with the global content team to publish content across owned channels
- Analyze competitor content and distribution tactics
- Keep a pulse on the content types and formats that work best for internal teams like Sales and Merchant Success
- Support teams in the region by creating promotional copy for landing pages, email, and ads to share stories effectively
- Build and maintain a library of content across verticals and themes
- A passion for telling stories that inspire others; your stories resonate with both the head and the heart of your readers
- Exceptional copywriting skills; you help elevate the rest of the team’s writing with your expertise
- Comfortable receiving and giving feedback on written work; you don’t have an ego when it comes to your writing
- Excellent communication skills
- A sense of urgency, while maintaining attention to detail
- Located in the western United States
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Make Commerce Better for Everyone