B2B Content Marketing Writer (Austin)
We are looking for the right people to join our well-funded, growing open-source startup and to help us bring end-to-end data science solutions to practitioners and enterprises. Right now, we are looking for a B2B Content Marketing Writer to join our team in Austin or Berlin*.
Who you are
You are an experienced B2B content marketer who writes exceptionally well, edits with precision, and goes the extra mile to understand what they’re marketing. This means:
- You truly immerse yourself in the field in which you write. You’re constantly reading news and blogs to keep abreast of timely industry information.
- You use the software you market, using all the available resources (people, docs, Google) to truly understand the basics of how it works.
- You pride yourself in turning technical information into digestible, thought-provoking content.
- You believe that most good writing is re-writing and aren’t afraid to take a piece through several drafts before publishing it.
- You know how to leave feedback in a way that is constructive without being offensive. You make a point to explain the why behind your edits so the writer can understand your thought process.
- You know how to keep your edits in-scope, with a consideration for timelines.
- You know your own bandwidth and when to say no to new projects.
- You’re a fluent English speaker with an impeccable understanding of English grammar.
What’s the job
While the KNIME blog has been around for some time, only recently have we started to write content that covers commercial use cases. You will work together with the rest of the content team to plan and execute on a content strategy for our blog.
You would be expected to:
- Write in clear, concise prose for the KNIME blog and third-party publications.
- Own and shepherd all of articles through each stage of content development, from ideation through to publication stage.
- Learn about the data science industry and the nuances of how data teams solve problems.
- Help contribute to and maintain a style guide for content and work cross-functionally to establish brand, tone, and clear commercial content marketing objectives.
Who we are
We are a rapidly growing, young company developing software for performing advanced data science. We are a highly interactive team and very enthusiastic about developing solutions for our users. Our open source KNIME Analytics Platform, developed together with the community, is transforming the data science landscape. It is popular among its very active user community as well as among IT analysts. Our commercial KNIME Server enables enterprises to responsibly integrate advanced analytics into their operations. In this way, KNIME helps organizations nurture new user populations that want to exploit the benefits of data science and advanced analytics while remaining strongly committed to open source.
*Though we are happy to have applicants from further away, we’re not offering relocation benefits for this position.
Your application has been successfully submitted.