Head of Content
Staffbase is looking for a Head of Content to lead and grow our global content team. Content has been the foundation behind much of our marketing success thus far and will play a pivotal role in reaching our next level of growth at Staffbase.
If you are skilled at managing content workflows, have an interest in internal communication, and would like to make an impact in a fast-paced environment, we would love to hear from you!
This role can be based in any of our German offices such as Cologne, Munich, Dresden, Berlin, or in one of our international offices such as London, Amsterdam, or New York.
- Build Staffbase’s content strategy to support customer acquisition, retention, and expansion. Work closely with regional marketing leads, design, product marketing, and regional sales teams to ensure their needs for collateral and long-form content are taken into consideration and executed
- Ensure we develop and update the most relevant content according to specific prospect and customer maturity, intent, and buyer needs. Audit existing content to find and fill content gaps accordingly
- Test and experiment with new content formats that aim to further our thought leadership position and grow our audience in the internal communications space via all forms of content, including blog posts, infographics, gated reports, video, etc.
- Develop and monitor an editorial content calendar that ensures a steady flow and high relevancy of new content, especially in Staffbase blog posts
- Grow our organic search traffic in German and English focusing on increasing SERP rankings for our most important target keywords
- Monitor rankings and traffic for target keywords and adapt strategy when necessary
- Run competitive audits to ensure we are identifying new opportunities for organic growth vs. our competition
- Lead and develop a global team with 5+ content marketers based out of Europe and Canada, covering English and German content creation with the goal to grow this team
- Supervise and consult writers and advise on areas for improvement, ensuring our content meets brand, editorial, style, and SEO guidelines
- Optimize content creation and distribution workflows internally, including translation workflows where necessary
- Native English; German language skills not required, but a very big plus
- You have run and / or built a multi-language content team. As you will be managing and growing the team, management experience is required.
- B2B experience and / or experience having worked in a scale-up environment are preferred
- SEO-minded, data-driven, and analytical. Experience with SEO tools such as Semrush, Hrefs, etc., is a big plus
- Excellent editorial and storytelling skills
- Process-minded, excellent planning and communication skills
- Creative, fast-learning, empathetic
- Interested in the topic of internal communications and developing yourself and the content team to be thought leaders in this space
- Employee Share Option Program - enabling you to participate in the growth of Staffbase
- Growth budget €1,800/£ 1,650 a year for workshops, conferences and language courses
- Volunteers Day - support social projects (get one day off and Staffbase donates 50€ to your project of choice)
- Annual company bonus
- Travel insurance, Pension Plan, Internal Referral Bonus Program
- Free remote Fitness Programs (Yoga, Crossfit etc.)
- Staffbase Camp: Annual company-wide get together
- Home Office Equipment (we support you with another monitor, keyboard, charger, …)
- Country-specific benefits:
- Germany: 30 vacation days (pro rata)
- UK: 25 vacation days (pro rata), Health Care Plan, Private dental insurance, 3 months paid parental leave
- Netherlands: 25 vacation days (pro rata), Health Insurance Contribution, 3 months paid parental leave
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The world has changed. Internal comms has, too.