Content Lead 📺
Ascend’s online leadership program empowers a community of women with the skills to increase their influence, build confidence, and accelerate their careers. Members have used their program learnings to drive results and move up at companies like Google, LinkedIn, Slack, Pinterest, Peloton, Wayfair, Coca-Cola, Accenture, Hopin, and many more. Forbes feature on Ascend. We're seeking a great writer and/or content marketer who is excited about building from scratch, having a ton of ownership, and empowering women.
What we're looking for:
As Content Lead, you’ll own our content creation and strategy to organically add value to our community and realize Ascend's mission to elevate more women into leadership. We’ve grown quickly primarily via word of mouth. We’re at an inflection point - you’ll help shape the go-to-market strategy to drive impact at a larger scale. While content marketing will be your primary focus, you’ll also nurture Ascend’s community and help manage program operations to deliver a best-in-class experience.
We're growing quickly. You'll initially wear many hats in this role, including:
- Lead editorial content calendar and strategy across multiple channels: email campaigns, newsletter, webinars, social media, and future channels.
- Develop and execute inspiring and effective copy across marketing and product experiences to ensure our audiences are engaged and supported at every step.
- Ideate unique and memorable ways to connect with our audience across a multitude of channels, platforms, and formats.
- Nurture and engage Ascend’s community via Slack and community-building activities.
- Manage day-to-day program logistics. This includes supporting live program sessions, keeping resources up to date, and managing member questions.
- Collaborate with the team to continue to deliver a transformative program experience.
This describes you:
- Ascend’s mission to elevate more women into leadership excites you.
- 3+ years experience as a copywriter, content marketer, or independent writer/blogger. Or you have less than 3 years of relevant experience but you're a great writer.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with copywriting and proofreading skills.
- People person. You get energy from connecting and supporting awesome women.
- Hyper organized. You can manage multiple priorities while maintaining strict attention to details.
- Have a growth mindset and take responsibility for your successes and failures.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to build from scratch.
- Proactive self-starter and ready for a ton of ownership on a small team.
- Bonus: Experience building an audience on social media.
- Value and actively promote diversity.
Additional role information:
This remote role is full-time with potential for increased responsibility including people management. We can create a flexible schedule that meets the program and your needs - timings vary between 7:30am - 6pm PT. That said, during launches we’re in high-gear and things get busy so it’s helpful that our team is flexible and available as needed. You’ll report to Shivani Berry, CEO & Founder of Ascend. Competitive pay. Includes health and dental benefits. Access to numerous professional development trainings to help you grow.
How to Apply:
If all of the above excites and fits with you, Apply Here.👈
Don’t meet all the requirements? Apply anyway! We look for core values alignment first and foremost. If you believe you have the grit and curiosity to be successful in this role, we’d love to hear from you.
Email email@example.com with any questions.
Ascend is an equal opportunity employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Online leadership program for women to advance into leadership