Content Marketing Manager
It’s an exciting time at Crossbeam. A little more than two years post-launch, we have nearly 4,000 companies using our platform, raised more than $40M of venture capital from leading VC firms, and are working with awesome strategic investors like Salesforce, Hubspot, Okta, and Slack. Best of all, we’re just getting started. We are fortunate to have an unwavering long-term vision and the funding to see it through at full speed.
Crossbeam helps companies partner with each other in a more data-driven way by acting as an escrow service for data. Our platform allows companies to find overlapping customers and prospects with their partners while keeping the rest of their data private and secure.
One of Crossbeam’s values is “Feed the Network.” As a Content Marketing Manager, you will be part of our small but mighty content team that creates category-defining thought leadership, research, and education to make our network as valuable as possible. The team is responsible for all of our social media, blog posts, marketing email, ebooks, reports, and events (digital and IRL).
Your job? Make sure all of these top-of-the-funnel campaigns stay on track and on-brand. In a given week you may coordinate a new research report, organize a webinar, and publish an interview with an industry leader as a blog post. There’s plenty of opportunities to flex your writing muscles, pitch new projects, and have an outsized impact on a fast-growing SaaS company.
- Project Management. Along with our Director of Content, you’ll help shepherd our campaigns from start to finish. That means plotting our deliverables, keeping the rest of the content team on track to deliver on time, and tracking the results.
- Interviewing and Writing. We follow a journalistic process when writing insights for our community of partnership professionals. That means you will occasionally interview sources and distill down their insights to support the creation of a blog post, social media post, or ebook copy.
- Creative Ideation. At Crossbeam we are building a new category of software. That means we’re often in uncharted territory when it comes to our marketing. You’ll often find yourself in meetings helping the team to find the best framing or positioning for our latest campaign.
- Community. Occasionally, we host digital or IRL events and campaigns with various partnership and SaaS communities. You’d help manage select campaigns and/or partnerships.
These are some of your traits:
- You have some background writing and/or editing for a niche audience. Bonus points if you have a B2B or journalism background.
- You’re not afraid to clearly communicate what’s needed to create best-in-class editorial/marketing products — even if that means having some uncomfortable conversations about deadlines and quality.
- You can lose yourself planning out the quarter in Asana, Notion, Trello, or similar task management tools.
- You have a list of adventurous and non-traditional marketing campaigns you’ve always wanted to try.
- You take the craft of writing seriously but know that perfect is the enemy of done.
- You relish the idea of speaking often with our customers or would-be customers and understanding their pain points, suggestions, and career journey.
- You just read this whole list and got more excited than concerned.
We go through the same interview steps for all Content candidates to ensure equity in our hiring process. Our process is designed to learn as much about each candidate as possible, as well as to give candidates access to our team and learn about what it's like to be a team member at Crossbeam. Topics will range from technical skills to problem-solving approaches and collaboration.
- Phone screen with an internal recruiter
- 45 minutes with Head of Content
- Portfolio Review
This is a salaried role. In addition, Crossbeam offers:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Parental leave
- Stock Option Plan
- 401k Plan + Match
How We Work
Our team has always emphasized remote work, with teammates in the Philadelphia area and distributed across the country. We’re committed to a remote-first culture, with the majority of our collaborative work happening on Slack and Zoom.
When travel feels comfortable again, we’ll celebrate with team offsites and events about once a quarter, and welcome our remote team to join for some facetime whenever they can. In the meantime, we’re focused on creating the best experience possible for new team members from a distance.
This role can be based anywhere in the US.
Crossbeam is a partner ecosystem platform that helps companies build more valuable partnerships. We have an office in Philadelphia as well as a number of remote teammates across the US.
Trust is our business. We create value by building trust in our company, our team, our technology, and our network. Never let anything compromise that trust.
Feed the Network. Our customer network is our most valuable asset. Prioritize its growth.
Equity. We will build a workplace that ensures everyone access to the same opportunities to share in our success.
This is Fun. Few people are lucky enough to do what we do. Follow the fun in every step of the journey.
Fully remote US candidates are encouraged to apply. We have an office in Center City Philadelphia. Local candidates are also welcome to work from our Center City Philadelphia headquarters some or all of the time.
Crossbeam's core value of Equity sits at the heart of our hiring process, and we're proud to be building a culture where difference is valued. Applicants from diverse and non-traditional backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, disability, age, or veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Ecosystem is Everything